010: too much games

Thea despised school to the max — especially, the public school she's attending right now. She's convinced that the lunch ladies are trying to poison them from the revolting food that they're serving them. Most of the students in her grade were kinda strange and the teachers aren't really the brightest either.

And that's coming from her.

But gym class was surprisingly one of her favorite subjects, right after music. Maybe it was due to the fact that Thea need to use her brain in the majority of her classes but gym was the only exception.

Her favorite sport had to be basketball, her parents had a basketball court in their home also she was in the school's basketball team in her old school. But when she enrolled into Swellview Junior High, she realized there was no girls' or co-ed basketball teams, only boys.

She tried to tryout on the boys' team as point guard but the basketball coach and the guys, except for Jasper and Henry all laughed at her and told her to get out. But the coach did offer her a job, to be his assistant.

She hates her job.

He doesn't listen to any of her suggestions and Thea has to run errands for him instead. Like buy him coffee, wash his car and sometimes, do the boys' dirty laundry. Well, the last part — she forces Geoffrey, their housekeeper to wash the clothes but still! She can't quit 'cause he wouldn't let her!

Thea entered the gymnasium to see the boys practicing shooting the ball into the hoop as their coach watched them. The girl had a wrapped sandwich in her hand that the Coach had ordered.

She approached the man, "Uh, Coach Bix?" He turned around. "I have your sandwich." She held out the wrapped sandwich to him.

The man grabbed the sandwich from her and checked inside the contents, "Um. . . I think that you're forgetting something."

Thea clinched her eyebrows, "I am?" She asked.

The man opened the sandwich and pointed at the lettuce inside, "You forgot the mustard."

Thea's features faltered, "Sorry." She mumbled as the man handed her back the sandwich.

"Just go. Your presence's ticking me off!" The Coach shooed her away and pointed over at the benches. Thea rolled her eyes in response and went to sit on the benches beside Oliver who was the water boy.

Then Coach Bix blew his whistle which made the basketball team all walk up to him. "Gather 'round, listen up!" He called. "Alright, when it comes to basketball, you guys are pretty much a team of losers." Everyone shrugged in agreement.

Thea fiddled with her rings, "He's not wrong though." She mumbled under her breath.

Oliver walked up to them, holding a tray of water bottles, "Who wants water?"

"Not now!" The couch shouted at the boy. "Go back and sit with Wilde over there," Oliver sent him a glare before he walked back to the benches. "Okay, where was I?"

"You were calling us losers." Jasper spoke.

"Right. But that'll all changes today. Boys, meet your new teammate — Shawn Corbit," Then a man who was around 6'2 entered the gymnasium. Henry looked over at Thea who just shrugged in response. "Shawn, tell your teammates a little bit about yourself."

"Well, uh—"

"Use the card."

The man pulled out a flash card, "My name is Shawn and I'm fourteen years old," He read aloud. "Nice to meet you guys."