Chapter 11

Rose

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. I had fell asleep on the way to wherever we was going. I looked at the time and we been driving for at least an hour.

"Rose we here," a innocent voice said. I turned to the back and seen Lanti leaning forward smiling at me.

"Wheres Trill," i asked.

"He went inside he said to stay here."

"Okay," i took my seatbelt off and stretched.

" I remember seeing you when you first came in,"she said.

"You saw me," i asked.

"Yea, i always thought you was pretty. I know how to move through the house i be in the walls sometime. I watch you whenever i can." She smiled.

What the heck? The walls? Knowing that she watches me is weird . "Umm thats kinda weird dont you think,"

"Yea. But i have nothing better to do. Some of the girls in the house dont like me because of my mom and i get special treatment. But i only watch you when you sing. I love your voice."

"Thanks," i said. Usually at night i would either cry or sing myself to sleep. I looked up at the place we were at. It looked like an abandon building. Trill came walking out and hopped in the car.

"Count this," he tossed me a small pouch and drove out the parking lot.

I opened the bag and pulled out a stack of money. I never seen this much before. I started to count the money . It was over a thousand dollars. My god.

"Yall hungry yaahh" he asked.

Lanti nodded her head before laying down in the backseat. "Yea sure,"i said.

The ride was quiet besides Lanti light snores and the music that was playing. I thought we was going to a restaurant but instead we pulled up to this house.

Trill got out the car and carried Lanti to the house leaving me. I got out and followed behind.

"Is this your house," i asked.

He just ignored me and opened the door. I walked in behind him and closed the door. The house was a one story and looked like at least one or two people lived here.

I stood by the door while he walked away. Im guessing he putting Lanti down in the room.  For some reason i had a bad filling in the pit of my something. Like something was going to go wrong sooner or later.

"Why you still standin over yaah," he chuckled. He grabbed my hand and pulled me further into the house. He pulled out a chair at the table and i sat down.

"Ima cook for yall. So you coo with pasta yahh," he asked.

I nodded my head. He pulled a packet of meat out the freezer and sat it in the sink. He filled it up with water so i guess the food could defrost. He then walked over to me and pulled a chair from the table and sat directly on the side of me and placed his elbow on the table. He was starring at me. It felt like we was competing on who could stare at the other the longest.