Chapter 18

Sky

I had a lot on my mind that i didn't realize i started to walk along the beach. It was beautiful outside and the sun was out but it wasn't beaming hot. The wind was blowing slightly which made the beach feel even better.  I kicked my feet in the water as i walked.

"Watch out," somebody yelled. I looked up to see a football coming my way. I moved out the way as it almost hit me and fell in the water.

"My bad ma," a guy said picking up the ball.

"You good," i said starting to walk off. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

" can i get your name," he asked.

"Sky," i said.

"Iight well im Melvin but i never seen you out here befo,"

"Yea i just moved out here,"

"Mhm. Well look ma. You got a nice body. Come with me and my boys for a min"

I gave him a stank look,"thats not how you talk to a woman. But im good. Nice meeting you tho," i said trying to walk off but he pulled me back by my wrist.

"I aint taking no for an answer," he said with a devilish smile on his face.

I tried to yank my arm away but he wouldn't let go,"dude stop," i said as he pulled me into him.

"Nahh maa,"

"The lady said stop," i turned to see Aubrey walking over.

"And who the fuck is you," the dude asked.

"Ha man nigga now back the fuck up and go on about cha business," Aubrey said pulling me from the guy.

"Nahh she is my business," he said pulling my arm.

Aubrey punch the dude in the mouth. He fell to the ground releasing my wrist. Aubrey wrapped his arm around my neck and pulled me back to where everyone else was. They was backing up to leave.

"Thank you," i said as i grabbed my stuff.

"You know i got you girl," he smiled taking my stuff from me and heading over to the car.

We rinsed our bodies in the showers and dried off before hopping in the car. We stopped at this restaurant that cooked fried food. I got some fried fish and shrimp with fries. We finished eating and headed home.

"Ima drive you go ahead on and sleep. You look exhausted," Aubrey said taking the keys from me.

"Thanks," I smiled slightly.

He opened the passenger door for me and closed it. He got in and drove off. Aubrey was such a gentleman. His mother raised him right.

I started to cramp up and fell sick."can you pull over," i asked sitting up.

"You okay,"

"Yea just pull over please," i said.

Once the car came to the stop, i hoped out and ran to the side of the road and everything i ate came hurling out. My stomach was cramping so much that i fell to the ground. Aubrey rushed over and gave me some water and helped me to my feet. I drunk some and spit it out repeating the process three times. I wrapped my hair up in a bun and slowly walked back to get inside the car.

I closed my eyes and leaned back in the seat. I took a couple of deep breaths to help with the cramps.

"Sky," Aubrey called softly.

"Hmm,"

"Are you sure that your sick? I been paying attention  to you closely. Are you 100 percent sure is not anything else," he asked.