9. Little Traitor

Marshall's P.O.V.

Finally making my way over to this chick Onika's house, I ball up my first and knock on her door

Hoping to fuck that she still has my daughter.

I ain't know if she would at this point, cause it's been days, and it wasn't even supposed to go like this, yo.

I had fully intended on picking Hai up from Onika's place that very same day I had dropped her off there.

But then some crazy shit went down, man.

It's just my luck that on my first day at the "job", shit had started going sideways like a motherfucker.

From having to fight fellow drug dealers and damn near accidentally beating one of them motherfuckers to death, to running from the cops.

Long story short, both Dre and myself had to stay laying low for a while after the whole shit happened.

We was hiding in some chick's house named Nicole, that Dre is currently messing with.

And I had wanted to call Onika and let her know what the fuck was up, but the thing is, I ain't had her home number, not to mention, Dre told me that it was never a good idea to talk on the phone, that's how motherfuckers get caught, apparently.

Still, I had wanted to update her, but I just couldn't though.

And this whole time I was on edge, yo.

Thinking, what if this chick gets tired of looking after my little girl and just dumps her somewhere.

I ain't hear no reports like that through the grapevine though.

Nothing about either Onika, or Hai for that matter, at all.

What I did hear about though, was Kim and how she apparently was slutting her dirty ass out all over Detroit.

Figures.

Exactly why the bitch took off on me, dumping our kid with our next door neighbor. It was cause she had wanted to be a whore out there on them streets. Shit don't even surprise me, yo.

But it still made me so angry, the sheer disrespect of it all.

At some point, Dre had to legit hold me back from going out there and finding the dumb dirty bitch and beating the shit out of her.

Not that I should even care no more, cause maybe it's time for me to accept that my baby mama is for the streets, you know what I'm saying?

Maybe it's just legit who Kim is, and I shouldn't even give a fuck no more. No matter how good she fucks me.

But it does still piss me off at the same time, knowing that she's out there fucking some random ass dude that apparently owns a massage parlor, while I'm here tryna do my best to provide a good life for our baby girl, even if the way I'm currently going about it might not be the most optimal choice.