27. Choices

Marshall's P.O.V.

The whole thing of me coming to Kim's new man's house to see Hai, it's become a routine at this point

I'm here almost every day to see my daughter and to tuck her in in her lil crib, and Kim is fine with it, and I legit feel like the happiest motherfucker in the world.

Hail and myself, we always talk, in that language that only a father and daughter would understand, and I swear to fuck man, I love her so much. Too goddamn much, in fact.

Like legit nothing else even matter no more, just me and my daughter.

And as much as I despise her momma, I can't deny the gratefulness I feel towards her for letting me see my kid again.

And it ain't even being something she should be praised for to keep it one hundred, cause I'm entitled to spend time with my seed anyhow, wherever I want, but still, I am very aware of the fact that if she had truly wanted to, Kim could easily make it difficult as hell for me to see Hai, only she doesn't right now, and at the end of it all, I AM thankful to her for that. Cause I love my daughter more than anything else in this world!

So, as usual, I put Hai to bed in her lil crib at the nursery Kim and that cocksucker, Eric, had set up for her, and I sing her to sleep till those lids flatter closed.

Then I plant a soft kiss on the top of my daughter's head and walk out.

Passing through the living room as I'm ready to leave.

"Yo, peace," I say to Kim who is currently sat on a living room couch with a beer bottle in her hand.

"Um, wait, ain't you gonna stay and have a drink with me first, Marsh? Like you always do?" She asks me hopefully then, with a sad look on her face.

And truth be told, she IS right, cause every time I come to see Hai, afterwards, Kim and myself, we always share a drink afterwards and just talk.

Which is wild as fuck to me, to be honest.

Me and this girl just talking civilly to each other like that that, like two NORMAL human beings.

It is what it is though.

And maybe Kim truly is tryna do better this time around, I don't even know, dawg.

So, I plop down on the couch next to her like I always do, accepting a 40 Oz bottle from her hands.

"Yo," I acknowledge my gratefulness to her, unscrewing the top of the bottle.

"So, how's things been lately, with that um... girlfriend of yours, I mean?" Kim then asks me sympathetically as she takes a few sips from her own beer.

"It's aight, I guess," I shrug, drinking from my bottle as well. Not really wanting to reveal to this girl the fact that Onika and myself in fact has have yet another pretty huge fight lately over the fact that she still insists on going away to that goddamn medsch in New York soon.