48. Blast From The Past

Onika's P.O.V.

The next few days were so strange

People on campus keep staring at me, and whenever I walk by, I swear I hear girls whispering about me, saying my name, frankly making me feel really freaking uncomfortable.

I've always been shy as hell and an introvert, and I hate having all this attention on me, and the worst part is, I don't even understand why is everybody so fixated on me lately, because like... okay, so I got caught up with Marshall (excuse me, Eminem, as everybody now calls him) by some reporters, so everybody now knows about our connection to each other, but um... it's not like I myself am Eminem, so why is everyone all up in my business lately, it's so annoying.

Even my roommates have all been acting weird around me, it's like this mixture of them wanting to suck up to me but then I also sense a certain level of hostility from them.

Like, on the first day the news broke out after some magazine posted a picture of us together, speculating on who the girl Eminem was caught kissing might be, and then immediately posting a whole article about me (which honestly is very disturbing how easy it was for them to get all that intel on me and blast it all over) the girls I'm rooming with literally surrounded me, and they were all in my face, asking me all these questions I wasn't willing to answer.

And ever since that day, they keep trying to get me to go places with them, like to clubs and parties and stuff, even though I been told them, it's not even my scene. Like, literally all I want to do is to go to school and do good, but it seems like everybody is now so fixated on me for no reason.

And Marshall keeps calling me, but I still refuse to talk to him.

Not because I blame him for what's happened or anything, because I understand that it literally wasn't even his fault, and he DID try to protect me from the consequences of his fame before, but I just...

I don't know, I just can't. I realize very well just now weak I am for this boy, and I'm scared of sabotaging my future over him or something. Especially after how it didn't even take long for me to give in to him the last time we were around each other. Like, he literally treated me like crap earlier, and then I just went and let him have his way with me, and then he confessed to me about sleeping with other girls, and that shit hurt so much...

And I guess I just don't want to be hurt by him again, so I'm keeping my distance from him.

"It's literally nothing going on between Mar... I mean, Eminem and myself, so won't y'all just leave me alone about it," I remember at some point slightly snapping when my roommates won't stop pestering me about it. Like, they literally harass me with questions relentlessly every single day.

"Girl, you are dumb as hell then, cause I would be all over that man any given second," Jenna then laughs at me, coming off way too strong as usual.

It does unnerve me how she's always so candid about speaking on all of the things she wishes she could do to Marshall if she ever met him. And sadly, she probably would be his type, she sort of resembles Kim.