24. I'll Be There

Soooooo, the first part of this chapter is from the previously scrapped fluffy one, and it's cringy af, but I still wanted to include it, lmaooooo. Then, there's foreshadowing for some possible drama in the near future....

---

Marshall's P.O.V.

"Ugh, I'm not trying no nasty ass Tacos, Marshall

"Ugh, I'm not trying no nasty ass Tacos, Marshall. Them things look disgusting, and I'm so not putting it in my mouth," Onika complains loudly, sitting across from me in my car at a Taco Bell parking lot.

We had just ordered some food to go there, and I'm supposed to drive her to whichever fast food joint she likes next for her to get her food, just like we always do, but this time I was determined to get my girl to try this here with me, goddammit! She always disrespects tacos like they the worst shit in the world, and I ain't gon lie, that does annoy me a lil bit.

"Nicki, you gotta try this shit here and you will too, cause otherwise we gotta break up, girl," I say jokingly to her.

"Marshall, it's literally dog food," she complains and I put my hand over my chest, looking fake offended.

"Nigga, shut up, you so goofy," she then laughs, and she's right in a way. Don't know how, but Onika always makes me act like a corny motherfucker around her, but kinda... in a good way? Cause she brings out this clownery in me, but it's sort of feels aight? I don't know, yo, shit is weird with her sometimes. But again, in a good way..

"Well, I could never fuck with no female that ain't like Taco Bell. So if you wanna be my bi..." I start to say, and she cuts those pretty eyes at me quick as fuck. I cough, making it like I'm clearing my throat, and continue, "...chick, if you wanna remain my chick, Onika, then you at least gotta give it a try."

"You are so annoying," she rolls her eyes at me again.

"Tacos. Try. NOW," I say sternly to her.

"God, Marshall," she groans but for once she looks resigned to her faith.

She then delicately snatches the Taco from me, pinches a piece of with her fingers and pops it into her mouth, chewing gingerly. Being so goddamn dramatic about it too, you would think she was testing whether or not shit was poisoned.

Then eventually, her face relaxes and she for real look pleased with the result.

"So?" I smirk at her, raising one eyebrow.

"It's not too bad," Onika shrugs, clearly frontin like a motherfucker. The look on her face right now is similar to that expression she used to make back when she would let me stay over at her place after an argument with Kim, and I was trying to get into her panties again, and she kept pretending like she ain't want it.

"Not too bad? Girl give me back my damn taco " I try to snatch it from her, but she pulls her hand with it in it behind her back, making a damn mess in my car.