28. Infinite

Marshall's P.O.V.

"Marshall, come here! Right now!!" Onika's voice from somewhere upstairs, sounding shocked as hell brought me out of whatever murderous thoughts I was having just now

Murderous thoughts about Kim all over again.

I've been in a foul ass mood for the past few days, man, cause that stupid slut has gone back to her old habits of blocking me from seeing my daughter. Ever since that time she tried to throw herself at me and I had turned her ass down, dawg.

And not being able to see Hai again is fucking destroying me, and Kim knows that shit too, and that's why she's doing this to me, obviously, to punish me, and I swear I'm back to wishing I could just strangle her ass or maybe slit her fucking throat.

I've been imagining all kinds of scenarios in my head, even thought about how I would throw her dead body into the lake afterwards, and how Imma have Hai with me and she will help me do it. Fucked up, I know, but that's what happens when I'm left alone with my thoughts for too long, I guess.

And I truly have been alone in this, cause I ain't even tell Onika any of this, my girl has no clue. She think I still see Hai on a regular, cause that day I got turned away at the gates of that gated community Kim now stays at with her clown ass man, all I did that day was walk around for a few hours before I came back home to Onika.

And when she had asked me about how my visit with Hailie went, I had lied and told her it was aight. Didn't even know why I did that shit, for real.

And I don't know why I keep on lying to her about it neither.

And now she is yelling for me to come upstairs.

She legit sounds like she's seen a ghost up there or some shit, so I drop the beer I have just took from the fridge and race up there.

Only to see this damn girl standing in the middle of the bedroom with a black and white CD case in her hand. Flipping it over in her fingers.

"How come you never told me that you had put out a whole album before?" She asks me with so much excitement in her eyes, face practically lightning up, but all I feel right now is anger.

"Yo, this what you was screaming about just now, girl? Fuck man, I had thought something happened to your crazy ass. The whole time, you was yelling about this bullshit?" I ask, voice sounding pissed off as I walk up on her and attempt to snatch the CD out of her hand. "How you even find this shit anyway, you was snooping through my stuff?"

I attempt to take the damn thing out of Onika's hand, but she playfully hides the CD behind her back, still looking so excited. I ain't think she caught up on the edge in my voice just yet, like at all.

"I mean, no, I was just cleaning up around here is all. And then I had found the tape in one of your drawers, and like... I didn't get what it was at first, but then I remembered that stage name of yours and... Anyways, this is so cool, Marshall, and you never even tell me about this, how come??"