19. Bad Timing

Marshall's P.O.V.

"Yo, my bad," I awkwardly say then, peeling myself off of Onika

She stares at me in a sort of daze for a few seconds, then blinks.

"It's all good," she whispers.

"Nah, I'm sorry, baby, for real," I apologize to her once again.

Cause I never wanted her to think I'm like this.

I would never just grub her and force my affection upon her, cause I'm not like her uncle like that, for real..

"You did really good out there, but see, I've been told you, you could do this, win that rap battle and all" Onika says to me then, dismissing my weak ass apology.

Goddamn, why do I keep getting so damn nervous around her?! I then question myself, even if I already do know the answer.

I been said it to her myself before.

It's cause I'm feeling her.

Oh, fuck me, why?!

Fucking goddamn, cause the very last thing I ever needed in my life was to catch feelings for yet another chick. Kim being more than enough, yo.

Still, as I stare at Onika's brown eyes, my gaze then inadvertently falling on her lips again, all I wanna do is kiss her once more...

"M, you are up for the next round!" DeShaun then announces to me excitedly.

Discretely shooting him a dirty ass look right now for interfering, I smile at my girl, then walk around and walk up towards the stage.

Hours later...

And regardless of which motherfucker they put in front of me, I fucking decimated them that day.

Even that asshole Papa Doc from The Free World.

And afterwards, my dawgs all take me to the local Chin Chiki club to celebrate.

We all get real loadeded on the drinks in there, Onika does too, even if her 20-year old ass ain't technically legal to drink as of right now.

It don't matter though, cause I buy her rounds for her, and I swear to fuck, that girl is almost immediately gone.

Off of that one girly cocktail I got for her.

Now Onika is sloppy drunk, dancing on me while all of my boys continue to check her out until I give all of them the look of death, indicating that I don't play about this one at all.

Cause this here is MY motherfucking girl.

Even if she don't realize that just yet..

"Marshall, dance with meeeeeeee," Onika says sloppily to me, wrapping her arms around my neck.