25

I had a photography booking in Philadelphia today, which means I had to leave Renee for an entire day. She extended her stay by two extra days because of this though, so I guess it's a plus.

When I finish my last photo of the day, I check my phone for the first time in 7 hours.

Renee<3 - 4 missed calls +1 voicemail

Vivian - 2 new messages +1 missed call

Wyatt - 1 new message

momma - 2 new messages

I quickly open the messages from my mom first:

Hi baby!
Can't wait to see you this weekend!

I smile and make a mental note to call her later. I open the ones from Vivian next:

Hey bitch answer the phone
ur gf misses you and is going crazy

I laugh at her texts before reading Wyatt's:

Renee may or may not kill you

Well then.

I quickly open Renee's voicemail.

Hey Tate! I miss you so much my love, so please answer your phone. I haven't seen you or talked to you since last night! Also, Wyatt is getting on my nerves recently (hey!) so please get home quick. Vivian is making dinner right now and it smells really good but she won't tell me what it is so I don't know if I'm going to eat it or not.. but I love you! and I miss you! please call me back! sorry for saying your friend gets on my nerves I uh.. yeah. Having said all that, do you still wanna be with me? Cause like I-I wanna be with you, like- like maybe forever.. holy shit, okay, maybe not forever.. i mean i'm not saying not.. forever. I-I actually have no idea what I'm saying. Are you mad at me? Cause it's cool if you are, right? Like, I don't care. But like if- if you are, then i'm gonna resent you. I-I'll forgive you.. But I was wondering like, okay, like, is this a sign? Do I actually hate you? I just wanted to be honest.. right? Like, do you still love me?

I have a smile on my face as she says every single word on that voicemail. She's so cute.

I dial her number as I drive.

"Tate!"

"Hi baby, I got your voicemail and yes I still love you. And I'm definitely not mad at you, Wyatt is annoying as shit, I get it." I reassure her. "How was your day?"

She sighs in relief. "Really good. The food that Vivian made was actually meatloaf." I internally groan, "But I didn't eat it.. Wyatt drove me to mcdonald's! Which is when he started getting on my nerves.."

"That's understandable. Did he start begging for everything off the menu?"

"Yes!" She says with a laugh. "Are you on your way home?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few hours."

"Oh thank god, I missed you so much." I can hear her smile through her voice, which makes me smile.

"What are you up to, love?" I ask her.

"Oh nothing, just lying in bed."

I prop my phone up and smile. Renee and I talk for the entire five hour drive.

short filler chapter to help things move along. sorry for the next chapter :( xoxo