LVIII. Sixth Year: You Are Dead To Me

April 7, 1978 (Friday)

REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

He waited outside the DADA class room under the invisibility cloak for Barty. When the brown haired boy exited the classroom, he grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and started to drag him down the corridor.

"What the hell are you doing, Potter?!" Barty exclaimed.

"Not James."

He saw the way Barty's face fell. "Reg? Look I'm-."

"Just shut up and walk to the Astronomy Tower."

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

When they reached the top of the Astronomy Tower, Barty was the first to speak. "Reg-."

"Don't call me Reg," he stated coldly.

He saw the look of hurt that flashed on Barty's name, but he really didn't care. Not after what Barty had done. "I'm so sorry. I never should have done that," Barty apologized.

"I agree. You definitely shouldn't have done that."

Barty opened his mouth and then shut it. It took him a couple more seconds before he finally spoke. "I don't know what to say to make you forgive me."

"Why did you do it? Why did you tell her? You knew what would happen," Regulus asked, his voice cracking with emotion. Tears started to form in his eyes but he just blinked them away.

"Because I was jealous, Reg!" Barty admitted and Regulus felt caught off guard. "I've been in love with you since I met you and you never fucking looked at me!" Barty was crying now.

"How- how did you find out?"

"I saw you and James in the hallway after the Hogsmeade attack."

Regulus felt his heart shatter as the betrayal he felt just intensified. He suddenly felt dizzy and he braced himself on the sofa as tears streamed down his face. "You- you saw me in the state I was in. I was practically falling apart and you got jealous and went to Rita? I- I can't even look at you right now."

Barty let out a pretentious scoff and he crossed his arms over his chest. "You act like Potter wouldn't have done the same."

"James would never!" Regulus snapped instantly.

"And how would you know that, Regulus?"

"Because he didn't!" Regulus confessed. "He saw me and Hez in fourth year and he didn't go running to Rita telling her about me and Hez."

"You and Fawley?" Barty let out another scoff. "And all this time I thought it was James who stole you from me."

Regulus gave Barty a look of disbelief. "Stole me from you? Look I don't know what you thought we were, but you- you were like a brother to me."

"And what am I now?"

Regulus didn't even hesitate. "Dead. You are dead to me."