III. First Year: Christmas Break 1972

*TW: CHILD ABUSE*

December 21, 1972 (Thursday)

REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

Nothing had really happened since school started. September, October, and November all flew by. The only real change over the last three months, was that Regulus had grown closer to Hezekiah and he would even go as far as to call him his friend now. He was still avoiding Sirius like the plague. James had made many pathetic attempts to speak to Regulus (all failed). Regulus also hadn't gave much thought to his other roommates. They didn't bother him and Regulus didn't bother them.

They were all currently packing up their trunks for winter break. Hezekiah was the first to finish and he walked over to where Regulus was standing. "Are you alright? I know you're nervous about going home and facing your parents," Hezekiah asked him sympathetically.

Of course Regulus was nervous. It was all he had been thinking about and dreading for the last three months. He really didn't want them to hurt him and he knew his parents would. He probably deserved it. He was sorted into Gryffindor after all. "Yeah, just a little though," Regulus lied. Hezekiah just nodded and Regulus decided to add onto his answer. "But, being friends with you will certainly help. They will be pleased."

Hezekiah inched closer to him and spoke in a quiet voice, clearly not wanting their other dorm mates to eavesdrop on their conversation, "Is that truly the only reason you have been friends with me for the last three months, Regulus?"

Regulus just shrugged. "It's certainly a contributing factor of it."

Hezekiah gave him that same hurt look he always did when this topic came up. "Alright, I guess I was just wondering."

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆°°✩

December 22, 1972 (Friday)

SIRIUS ORION BLACK

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

"I just can't believe he is still ignoring me. It's been three bloody months!" Sirius exclaimed in disbelief from the Gryffindor table.

"Well he can't ignore you for much longer now. You are going to be living in the same house as him for the next two weeks," James pointed out.

"Oh you would be surprised at how good he is at ignoring me in that stupid house. He didn't talk to me all last summer." None of them understand Regulus like he did. Regulus was too stubborn and would rather hold a grudge for the rest of his life then forgive someone. That was exactly what he was doing right now.

"Yes, maybe, but things have changed now, Sirius," Remus offered, deciding to help out James. "Before he was mad because you got sorted into Gryffindor and now he is a Gryffindor."

Remus had a valid point, but Sirius wasn't about to lose this argument. "But, that just gives him more of a reason to hate me! He probably blames me."

"He has no reason to blame you. You had no control on what house he was going to be sorted into!" James argued back. He turned to Peter, "Right, Pete?"

"Uh huh," Peter replied half heartedly, seeming much more interested in devouring his breakfast than listening to this conversation.