LVII. Sixth Year: James Stands On A Table

April 5, 1978 (Wednesday)

REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

"James is definitely going to kill you if you don't catch that bloody snitch," Kian told him as they walked to the great hall.

"He couldn't if he tried. He is too head over heals to kill me," Regulus stated simply because it was true. James Potter wouldn't hurt a fly. He only hurt people if they hurt people he loved. Regulus literally had to physically hold back James the first time they saw Barty.

"I suppose that is true. You have him wrapped around your finger. Every time you are in the same room, he never takes his eyes off you. It's like a moth to a flame. There is obviously bad that comes with dating you because of who your family is, but he's so oblivious to the danger because his desire for you overweighs it all. He's either blind to it all or he chooses to ignore it."

"He chooses to ignore it," Regulus stated. "And I hate that he does it. I can't just stand by and let him destroy himself because he loves me and wants to save me or whatever he calls it. What's going on between me and him, it's not just some innocent teenage romance anymore. He graduates in less than two months and at this point, I'm probably not coming back next year either. Him throwing himself in the path of danger for me isn't something I can have happen when we get involved in the war."

"Have you talked to him about it? That's the key to relationships or so I've heard. I don't necessarily have the best love life."

Regulus nodded. "He's working on talking to me about his feelings. It's a start."

Kian gave him a small smile. "That's good. You two are soulmates if I've ever seen soulmates. And you fought to be together right now. If it was me, I would have given up a long time ago."

"How are you? It's been almost five months now."

Kian gave him a weak shrug. "It's getting better. I think I'm starting to become ready to move on. I still love him though and everything hurts like hell, but I don't think I'm afraid of the thought of moving on anymore. It's what he wanted me to do after all."

Another thought popped in Regulus's head. "Do you think they are alive? Ezra, Delina, and all the other missing people."

"I hope they are, but I don't know. The odds are just thinning every day. People are starting to lose hope."

"Well I haven't. They can't just all be dead."

"Hopefully not. I ran into Delina's older brother at Diagon Alley. Oliver just turned two. She is missing watching her nephew grow up. And I know you still need to talk to Ezra."

At that moment, they reached the great hall. Regulus sat down in the empty spot next to James. "Hey, Reggie. Morning."

James rested his hand on Regulus's thigh, but he didn't do anything more than that. They were trying to keep the PDA casual for now until everyone got over the fact that they were dating. Regulus hasn't even heard from his parents yet. Originally, James and him hadn't been touching at all in public, but with all the whispers, the great hall had become a living hell so they had resorted to holding hands under the table or running soothing circles with their thumbs on each others thighs.