Juan Bernardo

The Mexican Ghost Vaquero

Lieutenant Juan "Spider" Bernardo

Juan Bernardo was born in Brazil, but he raised at Jerez in Spain. After hearing about the atrocities commited by his uncle, Fidel Bernardo and his Federation unit, during the war, his family was despised at Jerez. After many days of insults, his mother and his father were killed by a Federation deserter, who's family was butchered by Fidel. He was alone for some time, but he was adopted by a kind woman named Carmen Diaz, who empitizes him and was willing to help him recover from his depression. He loved her deeply, for accepting and understanding him the most, so they became mother and son. When he discovered that his uncle killed innocents, he realized that this shame led to his parents to his death, so he swore to redeem his family's name by joining the Spanish Army. He joined the Spanish Special Unit, G.O.E. (Grupos de Operaciones Especiales), but they treated him coldly, not trusting him one bit. He was also disapointed that his superior, Alfonso Cortez, didn't care about his soldiers, considering them expendable. So he left that unit and then he transferred to the Las Almas's reformed Mexican Special Forces unit, Los Vaqueros. Under the command of Colonel Diego Ordaz, he became an expert in counter-terrorism and drug enforcement. Ordaz became a mentor to Juan, teaching him everything he knew and treated him like all the rest of his soldiers, like a family. His time with them taught him to be loyal to his family, comrades and friends to the end. He was part of an operation of Los Vaqueros to take down the Las Almas Cartel by taking down the Cartel Boss, Antonio Montero, A.K.A. El Escorpion (The Scorpion); Operation Conquistador. One day, he met two Tactical Commanders of G.H.O.S.T., David "Hesh" Walker and Keagan P. Russ. After they introduced themselfs, he was suprised, because he realized he just met two former members of the Task Force Stalker, A.K.A. the Ghosts. They explained that El Escorpion was an associate of Gabriel Rorke and was providing him weapons and money. After this coversation, he left Los Vaqueros and joined the G.H.O.S.T. in order to stop the horrors Rorke and his men cause. He kept his friendship with Ordaz and he's friends with Captain Jose Ramirez, Lieutenant Ramon Parra and Sergeant Irene Vargas, while being loyal go the G.H.O.S.T. PMC. He's the leader of one of the S T-Doll teams, Team Fireborn.

Casual Clothes.

Battle Gear

Voiced by Raúl Castillo (Eng) and Noriaki Sugiyama (Jap)