Open up. )( Leo Valdez x M!Reader

Y/n: Son of Poseidon, been at camp since he was four, later adopted by Sally (bc I can), practically raised by Clarrise and Charles. (The two only ever agreed on Y/n and silena lol.) Charles was a fire user, not as powerful as Leo. Y/n is currently 16. Also idk Silena, Charles and Clarrise age so I'm making them seven years older then Y/n, so Clarrise now would be about 21 or smth!

The distant howling of wind, and the horrid smell of the sewers evaded my senses. I stared blankly, listening to Jason and Leo talk about their pasts. Leo more than Jason.

Jason shared the foggy memories he had, while Leo went into more details about his foster care journey and his child hood. I was the only one who hadn't said much.

"And you Y/n? You been at camp since you were young right?" Leo turned to me. His brown eyes glowed next to the fire.

I reached towards my neck tugging my camp necklace from under my layers. I untied it from around my neck and held it out for the other boys to examine.

The necklace had gathered a bead every I year had been at camp, twelve beads total. It also held keepsakes, like Charles and Silenas promise rings and Clarrises high school ring. Other little charms Sally had bought me over the years.

"I've been at camp for twelve years," I say, eyes staying on the fire.

"I had arrived when I was four."

Jason whistled in acknowledgment. A short and simple—but comforting in a sense—whistle.

"I went on my first quest for Apollo when I was nine, the summer Percy arrived." I shrug, re-tying my necklace.

"Nine!?" Leo practically shouts. "And first? How many when you been on?"

I see the curiosity his eyes. His firey brown eyes.

"Um... maybe like, six? Seven?" I say trying to remember, it has become to many to count.

"Whoa." Leo chuckles.

"That's... a lot." Jason chimes in.

"It was a funny story, some older campers Charles and Clarrise, had practically started a riot over it."
I laugh, recalling the day Chiron had told me of the quest.

"They were so mad that the gods wanted to send me on a quest, they had both decided— even while not liking each other— that they would be my quest mates." I smile, they had been sixteen at the time.

Returning my gaze to Leo I spoke again.

"Charlie was your older brother," I say. "I'm sure you heard of him. Yes?"

He nodded. I knew I would tell of Charlie's ability. His ability to use fire.

"Like you, Leo, Charles was a fire user. He and the ability to manipulate and generate fire." I say, voice barely above a whisper. No one but Clarrise and I knew this.

"I thought- but didn't my siblings say that there wasn't one for centuries?" Leo asked.

"To their knowledge yes. Charlie hid his powers, I'm sure your siblings called it a curse." I say louder this time.

"But Leo, don't treat it as a curse, the fear they push toward demigod abilities is usually why demigods can't control them."

"Wow, that's probably the smartest thing I've ever ever heard you say." Piper pipes up. I hadn't notice her wake up.

The boys and her laugh at my expanse.

"Hey! I've known you like three days, I'll have you know I'm very smart... sometimes." I laugh, causing the others to laugh some more.