Caring. )( Leo Valdez x Reader

Y/N:

I was avoiding Leo Valdez. I left his side the moment he was safe in the infirmary.

Getting claimed was an entire shit show. Hades—my father—thought it would be great to activate what ever powers I had in me, all at once. After the initial shock wore down, my body had sagged and I fell. Leo was closest to me, able to catch me. The moment my palms touched his skin he passed out.

He was awake and well now. Trying to get to me, trying to be with me constantly. I took advantage of shadow travelling from that day, the moment Leo looked away I was gone.

Now I sit in my bed, knowing Leo was definitely on his way. I didn't hold the current strength to travel right now, and he knew that.

Dread overwhelmed me the moment I heard a knock at the door. My heart knew who it was, yearned for the thought. My mind counted every second up till then, the moment Leo came to my door.

I stayed in silence, Leo's knocking echoing in my mind. Or maybe in real life. I couldn't tell anymore. I'm too tired.

Instead of more knocks, I hear the door handle jiggle. My throat closes up as I stand , I clutch my hands at my sides.

"Y/n," Leo's voice isn't angry. "I'm coming in, I know you're in there."

I stay frozen, staring wide eyed at the opening door. I watch as Leo entered the frame. He looked tattered, not more than usual. He was wearing his red Spiderman hoodie and some cargo shorts. Everything of him was covered in black grease and his hair was a mess.

"Get out-" I start.

"Don't tell me to get out."

I stand there while Leo shuts the door behind him, leaning against the door as he crosses his arms.

We hold eye contact. He looked angry.

Before I can get a word out he's already talking.

"I'm not mad." Leo states. As if reading my mind. "I'm also not upset at you."

"Leo," I sigh. "You don't have to lie-"

"Y/n. It's okay." Leo persists. A softness to his voice I didn't understand.

I had hurt him, why was he so forgiving?

"What happened was an accident. Me and you are both trying to be to understand this new demigod side of us. It's okay to not be able to control your powers Y/n." He soothes.

I was dangerous and I hurt the one closest to me.

"Leo, I-" I stutter. A loss for words.

Leo only got closer, as if an invisible string drew him to me.

I stepped back, afraid of hurting the boy.

"Don't back up." Leo sternly says.

As if he held Pipers charmspeack, I was stuck. My heart beat loudly, a constant drumming in my ears. I knew Leo couldn't hear it, but I felt as if he could.

"You can't come near me." I plead with Leo. Hoping he froze like I did for him. "Please Leo, I care about you way too much- I'll hurt you, or worse."

Nothing I say deters him. He moves slowly, but not cautiously.

"Y/n..." Leo sighs. Now only a breath apart.

He held his gaze with mine, a rush of emotions pass between us.

But all I could think about was Leo's eyes dropping to my lips.

Suddenly Leo's hands were in my hair and he was kissing me.

He kisses me again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

He kisses me like he had been starved. His lips move feverishly with mine.

I was frozen, blood cold while my lips were warm. My arms were stiff beside me, unsure and afraid of what to do.

His hands left my hair, leading a trail of goose bumps until he met my forearms. Leo runs his hands up and down my arms as he guides me towards the wall, pushing my back flush to it.

Once I hit the wall Leo pulls back. The only thing to be heard is our ragged breaths and the distant sounds of camp. But right now those didn't matter. All that mattered was Leo's gaze on my own and his hands on my arms.

"You ok?" Leo breaths. Lifting my hands to his shoulders while his own fall to my waist, pushing me farther into the wall.

I inhale, nodding erratically. My heart races while my eyes flutter closed and I lean my head back. Leo takes this moment to press light kisses to my neck, warmth adorning my adam's apple. I inhale sharply and squeeze his shoulders, luring a chuckle out of him. His hands warmed immensely, sending shivers through me. He noticed, tightening his grip in my waist. Leo presses hasty kisses along my neck as he lifts his head, quickly meeting my mouth again.

"I care about you way too much, so please don't hide from me." Leo mummers against me. Using my own logic to his advantage.

Erm how do I even end a story like that ??

Anywyas I'm back from vacation... but I'm leaving for somewheres else on Friday! 😀