Sleep Paralysis(Ray Stantz[Ghostbusters{1984}] X Reader)

I did some research before writing this. I don't remember how much, but I know I didn't do a lot. So if this seems unrealistic, whoops.

-------

-Ray's P.O.V.-

After a long day of ghostbusting, I'd decided to stop by (Y/N)'s apartment. I let myself in with the key she gave me.

"(Y/N), you here?" I called into the darkness. I then heard a gentle whimper come from her bedroom. I rushed to her aid.

I came into her room and turned her lamp on to the dimmest setting. My eyed widened.

She was having a sleep paralysis episode. That never happened before.

All I knew was waking her wasn't a good idea. After all, she had a hard kick.

Her (eye color) eyes were wide. Her body was stiff. I wanted to help her, but I didn't know how. I grabbed her hand after sitting next to her. I got an idea.

I began whispering soothing things into her ear to attempt to calm her down enough. "(Y/N), it's okay. I'm here. You're safe in bed. You're okay. Try to relax."

Her body suddenly jerked and her eyes shut. I continued to try and calm her down.

-Reader's P.O.V.-

Ray's whispers filled my ears as my episode ended. My body jerked and my eyes shut. They slowly opened to meet Ray's worried orbs.

"(N/N)?"

"Ray.."

"Are you okay?"

"What happened...?"

"You went through an episode of sleep paralysis. You're safe."

"That was scary.."

I sat up then noticed the Ghostbuster holding my hand. I blushed softly. "What're you doing here?"

"I just got off work and I wanted to stop by," he replied.

I squeezed his hand. "Thank you for being here, Ray."

"You're welcome, (N/N)," he replied sincerely. "Are you okay now?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I'm okay. I, uh.. I actually was having a pretty good dream before the episode."

"What was it about?" he pondered.

"...What I'm about to do relates to it," I hesitated. I kissed him softly. My free hand cupped his cheek. I pulled back.

Ray's eyes were wide in surprise. "You like me, too?"

"Wait, you feel the same?" I asked in shock.

He nodded. "Since you first joined the team. After we all got to know you, I couldn't even look at you without my heart racing."

"That explains why you always looked kind of short of breath," I realized.

"Yeah," he smiled sheepishly. "I didn't think you'd notice."

"I did," I grinned. "So, you won't be mad if I kiss you again?"

He smiled happily. "Not at all."

I smiled while pulling him into another kiss.

-------

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo