Lies

Vicky POV

„So does anyone want to tell me how to detect a lie?" Olsen spoke up as she was leaning against her desk.

„Yes please." she picked a guy.

„Lie detector." He gave the most obvious answer.

„Correct. But they don't always work a 100%. This is only a method when you have that person there for interrogation. But what if you are having a normal conversation with someone."

„What about their body language?" a student asked.

„Exactly. Body language is one of the five factors to determine a lie. What else?"

„Maybe their facial expressions?" another one added and she moved to the board to write those notes down.

„Okay two outa five. There is more."

„how about the fact there most liars repeat themselves. Like they give an answer but they stick to it so desperately and with that they try to cover up the lie." I added and she smiled a bit now.

„Good Garcia. What else?" she asked gaining some silence after first.

„they give delayed answers."

„Elaborate Wilson." Olsen poked further.

„Well the brain needs a certain amount of time till it processes the answer but a liar still try's to delay their answer. Maybe by saying they didn't understand the question. In that way while we repeat ourselves they have time to make up a lie."

„Good. One last thing." no one had an answer to give so she wrote onto the board „inconsistent."

„last but not least. Untrained liars are inconsistent. Most liars slip up in their story and expose their own lie. The slightest change of an information breaks the image they try to paint."

„Are there trained liars?"

„Would you consider yourself a trained liar?"
She asked him back.

„I don't know. I mean I can lie but I don't like doing it."

„Oh so you are a saint?"

„No but it's not something I profit from I don't have any secrets." he answered and she chuckled.

„Everyone has secrets. To find them you just have to ask the right questions." she answered.

„Are some people born to be great liars?" Kate asked and Olsen turned herself to her.

„Are people born with evil within or does their life forge them to be evil?" she asked everyone.

„I think they are forged and become evil because evil has been done to them." I answer making her turn around again.

„So you are not born evil Garcia?" she asked me and I scoffed offended.

„I wouldn't consider myself evil professor." I told her and she hummed unimpressed.

„What about your parents. Are they evil?" she asked me and I don't what the fuck she's trying but it's definitely working.

„What does this have to do with them?" I asked offended.

„You carry half of the DNA of your mother and father. Maybe you inherited some of their evil? Maybe they did sinister things to you. Or they made you do sinister things to others.."
She explained and I staid silent not feeling the need to share anything.

„Don't you know it all? You read our files after all."
I fired back bawling my fists under the table.

„Don't bring your files into this. Even though we know you on papers. We are still getting to know everyone in person. It's different."

„But professor. If you know everything about us why are you asking us things like this? You must know the answer." Ryan defended me.

„Maybe I am testing how good you guys can lie? How good you can keep your private informations hidden." she says while keeping her eyes on me.

„V your hand." Kate hissed at me from the side gaining my attention as I was staring at Olsen and how she walked back to the desk.

„Shit. My stitches." I mumble and got up to leave.

„Garcia! You can't just walk out of my class." I looked back seeing how she is walking to my table.

„She had an incident during swimming lesson today." Kate says pointing at the table. Olsen looked shocked and walked further to me.

„Class I want you to write an essay about the topic lies. How the effect your life and the life of others. And I want you to conclude if you are a good liar or not. Start now." she announced and I heard her voice from down the hall.

„Vicky!" she called out for me and I stopped.

„What happened?" she asked me.

„My wound opened I need to get my stitches redone. I'll be back sorry for storming out of class." I apologized briefly but I felt her hand grabbing mine.

„Our nurses are the best. I never had someone who had open stitches. What did you do so it would start bleeding through?" she asked concerned.

„Nothing I-." she gave me a glare that signed me to be honest.

„I bawled my fist."

„Because of what I said?" she asked worried.

„It's okay. You just hit a nerve that's all."

„It was because I mentioned your parents right?"
She asked and I staid silent.

„I should really go and get this checked."

„You can tell me V. I'm not here to judge."

„Are you my therapist?"

„You don't need to close up so offended. I offered you to have someone to listen."

„Oh come on you know me. You know my file. Read it again to refresh it."

„We don't have as many informations as you think we have. We know your parents names their dates and all but we don't know how your life was with them."

„It's better this way. It's none of your business anyway." I fired back and she let go of my hand.

„I am here to help. Even though I am your lector.
Even though we fuck." she whispered. „I am still here to listen if you have something you want to share."

„It's not like we are in a relationship. I don't need to share anything from my past with anyone who is here. Not to you. Not to Wilson and not to Johansson." I told her and she raised her brows for a second.

„You should really get your stitches checked then. You already bleed onto the floor." she demanded cold and I looked down seeing a bloodstained ground.

...