Someday friends?

Narrator POV

„We gave you all a week off and now that we are back on track you act like you've never actually trained before. WHAT IS THIS LOUSY BEHAVIOR EVERYONE?!?" Johansson yelled after she whistled for everyone's attention.

Everyone was out of their breaths trying to find their balance and at the same time everyone was finished even though they were only half way done.

„Have you all been partying like there is no tomorrow for seven days straight? Because I've never seen a team so weak after a week off."
She added as her words hit some trainees like a slap across the face.

„She really needs to be tamed."

„Excuse me? Is she some sort of animal?" Vicky whispered back in a chuckle as she didn't expect such words from Kate.

„Of course not. But I think she can cut us some slack."

„So you think she's to rough??" she asked her back making her shrug her shoulders.

„I mean kinda, don't you?" she asked back.

„No. She's doing the regular routine with us. Besides, rough is a second nature thing with Johansson. That's just a part of her I guess."
Vicky explained as she was referring to the rough prt about something else.. not that Kate would ever know but she's ROUGH in bed.

„Wow you are siding with her. What a sucker you are." oh if Kate only knew that she already sucked on her skin.

„I am not. It just looks like you can't take it."
She jokes earning a fist against her shoulder.

„I never said I can't take it. I can take the rough. But I never wanted my life to be rough. My sex life though? I wouldn't mind that at all." She joked making Vicky laugh out.

„Would you quit gossiping and get back to training you two!!" she yells at Vicky and Kate making Kate salut in front of her as if she was practicing at the military. Vicky couldn't help herself but to laugh about this.

„What about you Vicky? How do you like it?"
Kate continued thinking that Johansson isn't hearing her.

„Like what?" Vicky questioned confused.

„Your sex!" She blurts out.

„She doesn't like it at all because this is NOT A TOPIC DURING A TRAINING SESSION!! Did I make myself clear?" Johansson was on their asses not letting loose but Kate wasn't really subtle about her topic choice and voice either.

„Yes ma'am sorry ma'am." Kate apologized quick but Vicky staid silent since she didn't really engage into Kate's conversation.

„Run around the field Kate. Four rounds."
She punishes her making her whine quietly so that only Vicky could hear it next to her.

„And you.." Johansson pulled her attention back to Vicky as they had a moment alone now.

„How have you been?" she asked carefully.

„Me? Great!" she lied but this was nothing new.
It took her by surprise that Johansson switched from the stern trainer to a gentle friend?

„Really? How was your week off?"

„Good. Went back home to my mama." which is halfway true since she almost drowned in the training pool and she was also here 69ing with Johansson's coworker and friend Olsen. Gosh she can't shake that feeling and image out of her head.

„How did she handle it? I remember you told her most of the things on the phone. But it's different in person most of the time." she asked genuinely interested if her mother ripped her apart or not.

„We had a lot of conversations. Bonding ones.
She's a supporter I didn't expect to have in that situation."

„Oh that is great. I am glad it went well with you and your mother. Will we meet her at graduation?"
She asked Vicky letting her sigh.

„Probably. I won't invite anyone else."

„What about your siblings?"

„They are to busy to care about my graduation."

„To bad for them. They are missing out on something."

„Nah I don't think so. It's just graduation."

„I wouldn't narrow the worth of graduation down. You can be really proud of yourself for coming this far and for not giving up!" she tells her honestly making Vicky smile down onto the ground minding Johansson's searching eyes.

„Yeah whatever. I should probably kick off for a run too. We don't want Kate to grow suspicious."

„Vicky we are having a normal conversation."

„Yeah but we did something unspeakable together.
We shouldn't talk more than necessary."

„But I want to talk to you." Johansson confesses honest.

„I'd say text me but that's probably way riskier and more suspicious than us talking right now."
She tells her making her sigh.

„True you are right. You awfully sound like you've been in a situation like this before.."
She hints making Vicky raise a brow.

„Not really and even if. This wouldn't be any of your concern Johansson."

„How often do I need to tell you that you can call me by name?" she questioned making Vicky give her a side eye as she kept her eyes on the trainees. As if she's over analyzing if anyone is watching but everyone is way to occupied to even care.
Yet her trust issues grew worse since the smith incident. She can't risk anything similar to happen again.

„How often did I tell you I'd rather keep it professional? Because that's the only thing we should have. A professional non affectionate relationship." Vicky replied colder than before as she's trying her best to keep Johansson and Olsen at one arm length.

„I'd say we can call each other by our names after I graduated. But we wouldn't be seeing each other anyway."

„Why's that?" she asked her curiously.

„I will be working elsewhere. In some FBI department far away from Quantico. We won't cross paths again. I highly doubt that."

„Maybe we can get you a job here on campus."
Johansson offered making Vicky chuckle. Even the thought of it working here sounds ironic to her.

„That Johansson is not an option for me."

„Why are you so eager to leave this place?
You'd get paid really good and you won't be in permanent action because almost nothing happens here on campus. A bonus for you since your mother doesn't like the thought of you being surrounded by danger."

„Damn Johansson."

„What?" she asked.

„This isn't just a thought that popped up in your mind randomly. You've been thinking about it for a while right?"

„That is none of your business. I am just making an offer." she denied it quick.

„Okay let me be clear. Johansson I like you. You are an amazing agent. But I can't and I won't stay here after graduation. I know my path is elsewhere. To be specific. It's anywhere but not here. I deeply appreciate your kind offer. This is just not an option for me. Not because of you but because of other private reasons."

„Alright. I respect that. Sorry for pushing this offer onto you."

„It's okay. I know you only want the best for me.
I just know it's not here."

„I know this might sound crazy to ask. But do you think we can be friends after you graduated? Even if you leave. I think if we'd have each other as friends it would be good." she asked sounding a bit shy. She accepted the fact that Vicky had rejected her. She'd rather have her as a friend than not having her in her life at all.

„Maybe one day yeah. I wouldn't mind."
Vicky answered as she didn't find any other words.
Being friends with Johansson would make her collide with Olsen in the future. This is definitely something she'd like to avoid. But she doesn't want to be all to harsh to Johansson.

...