Graduation

Vicky POV

„Mama!" I stretched my arms out to embrace her as we saw each other in the ceremony hall.

„Herrera! You look stunning! Oh I missed you."

„Missed you too!" I tell her as the hug lasted for a moment.

„Why didn't you tell me that you were surrounded by so many good looking people." she whispered as she looked around. Ironic because I only had eyes for two here this whole time.

„They look decent."

„Oh come on. Look at him."

„Ryan?" I asked her in a laugh and she nod.

„He is handsome."

„Ryan come here!" I wave him over earning a side punch from my mama.

„Yeah what's up?" he asked as he walked up to me.

„This is my mama, mama this is Ryan. We trained together during this program."

„It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am." he stretched husband to shake hers and she didn't deny it.

„Wow you are even more handsome than from afar." she smiled making him blush.

„Okay mama that's enough sweet talk."

„Oh please I enjoy hearing this."

„And that from my mother?" I asked him sternly and his smile became dull.

„My bad. She's a charmer." he points at her and my mother raised her hands as if she's innocent.

„Oh by the way. I've been meaning to tell you that I am joining the New Yorker department as well."
He informed me which surprised me.

„Really? Didn't you want to go to Washington?"

„I did. But they put Daniel there instead of me."

„Okay not gonna lie I'd rather have you next to me instead of Daniel. She was a pain in the ass during this program."

„Watch your language Herrera!" my mother warns me from the side and I nod.

„Well she was head to head with you. Maybe that's why you couldn't stand her."

„I'd say no one is better than me. But that would be pretty arrogant of me to say." I tell him and he nod in agreement.

„And self-absorbed." he added.

„And stuck up." my mama continued.

„And unreflected." he kept on and I noticed how they are mocking me.

„Okay you guys are a bit to mockery here. I might regret saying that I'd rather have you around than her."

„Ouch. That hurts Vicky."

„I can think of many other things that can hurt Ryan." I tell him and he smiled wide.

„Come on I bet your family is looking for you.
Besides the ceremony is about to begin we should go take our seats." I tapped his shoulder and he nod.

„Always a pleasure misses Garcia."

„It is miss Garcia my boy." she smiled and he walked off blushing as she scratched his head.

„Mama!"

„Oh come on Herrera! I didn't even know I still had it in me. I can't remember the last time I flirted with someone."

„Maybe with someone your age?" I hissed at her but now I kinda see the patterns in my „dating history".

„Forget it. Just don't do it in my presence."
I tell her and she laughed lightly.

„Miss Garcia! So nice to finally have a face to the voice." Olsen walked up to us greeting her with a handshake but my mother went in for a hug.

„Mama! I am sorry misses Olsen." I pull her back cause it's not really appropriate to hug a lector.

„Oh please Herrera! Don't be so stuck up!"
My mama gave me a side slap on my shoulder.

„Don't worry Vicky. It's nothing you need to apologize for." she tells me as I tense up.

„So you two have talked?" I asked changing the topic.

„Well I informed her over the phone that she should come by for your graduation."
She tells me.

„We had a lovely conversation." my mama added.

„Indeed miss Garcia." she smiled at my mother.

„I hope she wasn't all to much trouble." she points at me making Olsen look at me for a while as she was searching for any words. Because I was definitely causing trouble in many ways.

„Eh no... not at all. She was a very ambitious trainee. Always keeping me on my toes."
She answered quick but I could hear it in her voice how unsure she sounded.

„Good. I raised her to be a good girl."

„Oh that she was." I clenched my jaw as I heard her say it.

„Mama why don't you get yourself something to drink? Ryan is there at the bar too."
I pointed out and she smiled.

„I will be back in a moment with drinks." she excused herself and walked off leaving me alone with Olsen.

„Have you gone mad? „Oh that she was!"
I repeated her words.

„What I just agreed on the fact that you've been raised well."

„Oh come on Olsen. We both know that if I'd be raised good I wouldn't have let myself get caught up in...you!" I hissed at her quietly as we stood behind all the guests to avoid any suspicious eyes.

„Wow are you talking me down?" she asked sounding offended now.

„No! It's just that you are first five years older than me. Second you are my lector and let's not forget third!! You are a married woman!" I listed her the facts and she staid silent.

„I should have staid far away from you."

„But you didn't and neither did I so can we just-."

„No Olsen! Whatever it is that you want to tell me  to try to convince me that this between us was fine...I don't wanna hear it. I am about to graduate. After that I will be working far away from this place. I need to move on."

Not that I want to.. I just have to. It wouldn't sit right in my mind. She's someone I wouldn't want to move on from.

„I truly never wanted to hurt you  V.  It was never my intention to end this way."

„How sincere of you." I replied sarcastic as I looked to the crowd to avoid her evergreen eyes that gazed above my skin.

...

A!n! Have y'all seen the soccer opening game this?"
5:1 for Germany earns a big DAMN !!

Anyways thanks for reading so far!

Stay tuned
Until next time
Peace and love ✌🏽❤️

~S