The lake

Narrator POV

It was a foggy day as Vicky was sitting at a random lake she found while searching for a place where she can cry and smoke. She sat there on a big rock close to the water letting the smoke hit her lungs.

A tear fell down her face as she was thinking back to what she saw. To what she read.

„Garcia? Is that you?"  Vicky wiped away her tears quick as she turned around being shocked by who was at this random lake.

„Johansson. You scared the living shit out of me." she says as she was hiding her burning cigarette.

„Shouldn't you be in class? On campus?" she asked sounding authorial.

„Shouldn't you be on campus too?" she fired back not wanting to answer Johansson's questions.

„I go for a walk around this lake almost every day.
You are avoiding my questions Garcia!" she warns her student.

„I couldn't enter class today."

„I'd ask if you are feeling sick but I saw you two hours at training, you were pretty much healthy and if you'd feel sick you wouldn't be out here...smoking." she says while nodding her head.

„Who says I was smoking?" she asked offended.

„This is a perfect place to smoke and I can see the smoke coming up from behind your back where you are trying to hide your burning cigarette."
She points out.

„Busted." she answered as she stopped trying to hide her cigarette taking another deep hit.

„What's going on Garcia? You are in deep trouble for leaving campus and not attending class if you are not bed sick." she asked her as she stepped closer.

„I don't wanna talk about it." she tells her as she turned back around to watch the lake.
„Go and continue your walk." she added.

„I'm not leaving you here." she says as she walks close to the stone she was sitting on.
„Come on, make me some space, let me sit."
She wiggled her hand as Garcia made space even though she didn't want any company but she knows she couldn't get her away.

„I don't think I am capable of continuing Scarlett."
Vicky confesses as she calls out her name. She did it intentionally. Signing her that she doesn't need a lecturing talk. She needs her as a friend and she barely has any.

„Vicky.." she spoke up quiet being shocked by her trainees words but she didn't let her finish what she wanted to say feeling like she's made a decision.

„I don't wanna be lectured by you. I don't need that. I've been lectured enough in my life.
I don't think this is the right thing for me anymore."

„Sooner or later everyone of you will hit the doubt phase."

„It's not a doubt phase. I shouldn't be here to begin with I-." she speaks but she cut herself off not wanting to say something that is any of her business.

„I won't let you quit."

„Oh fuck off! That is my decision to make!"
She tells her mad while exhaling the smoke.

„Tell your brain to fuck off with that thought!!
I've seen you're work Vicky! You are not a quitter!!
People like us never quit! We have more in common than you might think."

„We have nothing in common. You never lived my life you know nothing about me."

„Then tell me something! Anything.." she was clam now but demanding at the same time.