Let the lies begin

Narrator POV

„Alright we have reached one third of your training time here. This means you all will be tested."
Stan spoke up as he walked left and right in front off his desk. He appears most off the time when things need to be evaluated. Vicky took notice off his presence once in a while during training as everyone was distracted. He probably wanted to check in on how good they train us.

„Tested on what exactly?" Ryan asked reasonably as no one knew they'd have a test today.

„You will all participate in a lie detector experiment. An interrogation about your own life."

„Who will be testing us while we are wired up?"
Kate questioned.

„You." Stan pointed at the trainees. „The trainees will ask the trainees. This way we can test you on both things. How good you are with interrogating and how good you can handle a situation on being interrogated."

There is nothing, absolutely nothing Vicky could do to get herself out of this situation. She'd do anything to skip this shit off a test. Especially with everything she's been hiding.

She's confident enough to believe that no one will ask questions about her father and his case. Since it wasn't in her file... and she's also confident enough to assume that she's such a good liar that no one will catch her slipping. Not even a machine.

„Who will go first?" was a question that had been dropped.

„Gray and Wilson."

„Who will question who first?" Gray asked as they both got up.

„Since you asked. You will be the first one to be questioned. Everything will be set in a separate room. All of the trainees including us will be watching from this screen. Severally cameras are displayed in the room. So we can watch both of you carefully at the same time."
Stan lead the way leaving the room shortly to show the first two trainees the way to their destination.

„Is there any way we can improve or fail?" a trainee asked.

„There is always a way to fail." Johansson answered blunt.

„But remember there is also ways to improve your work. Just use the methods we learned during classes." Olsen added a more empathetic and optimistic answer than the one Johansson gave.

„So we're screwed?" Ryan asked Vicky jokingly making her laugh even though she didn't feel like laughing. A glance from Olsen went into the way of suppressed laughter catching Vicky's eyes briefly.
Her laugh died off in a matter of seconds taking her eyes to the front where the screen was displayed.

„Trust me I'd rather be anywhere else than here."
Vicky whispered to Ryan as she leaned forward to him making Olsen boil on the inside on seeing a guy so close to her probably feeling her breath swipe over his skin. Intoxicating him with her perfume Olsen couldn't get enough off. He's probably bathed in my now on how close they are sitting.

„You two. Stop whispering and pay attention to the screen!" Olsen warned them earning an eye role from Vicky as she leaned back into her arm chair.

„What's up with you? You are not that harsh usually?" Johansson asked her friend quietly noticing how strict she is.

She let out a sighed „Nothing!" as she leaned back into the chair keeping an eye on Vicky.

„I didn't hear anything from you yesterday after you talked with Garcia. Neither did I hear anything from her. What's up with the two of you?" Johansson wiggled with her pen back and forth in a serious manner.

Olsen would love to say everything is fine actually mean it. But that's one of many lies she is telling others and herself. „She's a pain in the ass. That's all I'm gonna say." she answered trying to brush off her friend but that wasn't so easy.

„Garcia really had it rough yesterday. She is heartbroken from what I can tell."
Olsen's face frowns in confusion on how Johansson confessed.

„Did she say that herself? Who would she be heartbroken about?" she asked knowing damn well that she is the cause for it. But she obviously couldn't say it to her friend. Both keeping a deep secret from one another that involved their woman they talk about. Ironic isn't it?

„Probably the one who gave her those hickey all over her thighs. I wonder who it is."

„Someone in class?" she asked letting Johansson chuckle.

„Well it can't be one of us you dumb ass." she says but Olsen didn't let out an ounce of laugh. She just swallowed the lump in her throat wanting to know more about her friends thoughts on who Vicky's lover might be.

„But jokes asides. It definitely can't be Ryan. My theory of him is off the table."

„How come?" Olsen questioned curious on why she cut him off the frame.

„Look how close they are. She wouldn't be so close with someone who broke her heart. Or maybe it's an act which I hardly believe. So it has to be someone else." she explained pulling Olsen's attention back to Ryan and Vicky seeing how they are analyzing their friends on the screen together.

„Any other thoughts or opinions I should know about?" Olsen asked.

„Whoever did that to her...I'd love to punch them in the face."

„Wow you are oddly protective over a trainee you aren't even close with!" Olsen tells her offensive.

„Don't analyze what I said the wrong way. But everyone on this earth who is breaking someone's heart deserve a punch in the face. I'm just a woman supporting woman. It doesn't matter if she's my trainee or not. I care after all. Even if I might not show it often."

„Sorry I misjudged your comment. I shouldn't have it's just a lot that is going on right now."
She sighs as she glanced at Vicky then back to her papers.

„Is it home?" she asked her friend sincerely as she placed her hand on her thigh.

„Yeah partly. Home and work I am honestly just exhausted. It's draining." Work was obviously a reference to  Vicky, since work never bother Olsen at all. It was easy for her and she had fun with it. But now having  Vicky under her nose every day it brings her down.

„You know you can always crash at my place if you need switch off from home. Anything you need,
I'm just one call away." she reminds her and she nod smiling faintly.

By the time their conversation died off the first two trainees came out to sit back down.

...