Mixed feelings

Olsen POV

„I fear that we have eyes on us.." the sentence echoed in my head as I was frantically scrubbing off her blood from my hands. I didn't know that I was crying until I looked into the mirror seeing that my face is drenched in tears.

She knew that Smith was watching her all along and I never stopped my sex drive. In the back of her mind she was always thinking of him and how he will expose her. While I ignored her fear and kept on fulfilling my desire of touching her where no one else does. Gosh I fucked up so bad.

„Fuck Lizzie." I mumble to myself as I wiped the tears off my face that kept on streaming down.

I should have listened to her. I should have taken things more serious. Now look how far you have gotten her. Bleeding out because you didn't even think of digging in deeper into her fear.

She's probably dying and that because of me. Because of my fucking selfishness.

Johansson POV

I can't shake off the feeling that it is my fault on how things have escalated between the two.
Vicky was really visibly concerned when I told her days ago that they have to get along.

Her gut feeling was right about it all. I can't even tell since when she knew those things about Smith.
But what I am curious about is what did he know about Vicky that made her paranoid.

The fearful look on her face when she was called in with Smith for the lie detector test.
She knew that this would end bad.
Why didn't she say anything for gods sake.

I shouldn't have let my feelings get in the way of thinking rationally. She's probably dying because I didn't step in. I didn't listen.

Narrator POV

„Liz?" Johansson walked into the lady's room seeing how frantically she was scrubbing off that blood. The bathroom sink was drenched in blood.

„Stan wants us in his office." she spoke added after a moment of silence while Olsen dried off her hands.

„Do we have anything new about Vicky's condition? It's been hours." she asked her friend but the sad look on her face was answer enough for her.

„No I haven't heard anything.." she added and they walked off to Stans office.

The way to his office was silent. Both had nothing to say and they both know if they will say something they will end up arguing again like they did an hour ago. Both hate the tension they have since they have been close to one another over a decade by now.

Yet none of them feels comfortable enough to share this intimate they both had with Vicky.
And that not because they don't talk about sex. They used to do it a lot. But it's different with Vicky.

She's a trainee. It's inappropriate for both of them.
But they can't think of anything else.
They struggle with the same exact thing unknown that the other struggles with it too.
They both have no one to talk about this except for Vicky maybe, and she's currently fighting for her life in surgery.

In something that they could have prevented...
If their feelings and sex drive wouldn't have gotten in the way...

„We have something you might wanna see." Johansson says after they both walked into Stans office sitting down in front of his desk.

She handed him the file and he swiped through the informations. His expression changed into rage. He let the file fall down onto his desk and he fell back into his chair.

„This is terrible." he says aloud after a moment of silence.

„Where did you get this?" he asked them both.

„Gray. He is good at.. collecting informations."

„What does Gray have to do with this?" he asked confused.

„Garcia asked him to get any information from Smith."

„So she can blackmail him?" he questioned making both shake their head quick. They didn't want Stan to put a bad light onto Garcia.

„She defended herself with it. He knew something about Garcia and he was onto her. She reacted reasonable." Olsen defended her secretive ex lover.

„Reasonable?? Are you serious? She might have made things worse with this. Bringing such thing to the surface is making people act crazy. No wonder Smith killed himself."

„Woah easy there. Smith might have killed himself either way. Looks like this secret he had was eating him up from the insides. If you'd be honest with yourself you'd know that we would all react the same way Garcia did. She reacted like an agent.
Gain information to make herself equal to her suppresser." Johansson fired back defending Olsen's answer and Garcias honer.

„Do you know what she was hiding then? Cause it doesn't seem good either. I mean we did a background check on everyone before they were accepted. So what was she hiding?"

„I don't know."
„I might know something." Olsen and Johansson answered simultaneously.

Olsen looked to her left shocked that Johansson might know something. Is she gonna get exposed? Was what Olsen was thinking. She'd never do that to her friend. Right? Or was there another secret Olsen had no clue about.

„Garcias father is dead."

„We never had something written down about him in her file. We never found anything about him."
Stan says as he opened a file on his computer to check again.

„What else do you know about him?" he asked her.

„He got shot. That's all I know. I don't know who shot him or why and I don't know his name."

„And you trink this was what Smith was holding against her?" Olsen asked wanting to know if they both think of anything else.

„I don't have anything else to think of that could be used against her. Maybe it's a dark chapter from her past. She told me her father was never good.
He treated her and her mother horribly."

„So he was an abuser.." the words slip off Olsen lips quietly as she thinks on how she actually doesn't know Vicky at all. Not that an abusive father is a topic to chat about, but she feels horrible that Vicky might have never felt comfortable enough to share this with her.
Cause she surely did share it with Johansson.
So she can't help herself but to wonders why...

...