A plan

Narrator POV

„Hi there, can I come in?" Vicky turned her head to the door as she saw Kates head peak through the door. A soft smile formed on her lips as she nod hear head signing her to come in.

„What are you doing here?" Vicky asked.

„We are roommates I wanted to check in on you.
I know you are not that big of a friend maker but something serious happened and I can't just continue without knowing that you are fine." she explained herself giving Vicky a different type of comfort she hasn't felt in a while.

„I will be fine Kate. Thank you for coming by to check in on me." she says as she took her hand to squeeze it. Having a feeling that Kate is more the one who needs to be comforted and reassured.

„This is just flesh that will heal." Vicky pointed at her shoulder making Kate look a bit more worried.

„I am not worried about that."

„What are you worried about then?" she asked back not getting the hint she was throwing in.

„This is a huge thing mentally.. what if it's to much for you to process?" she questioned making Vicky look confused.

„I was shot Kate I will get over it."

„Will you get over the fact that someone killed himself in front of your eyes? This is where I was heading." she questioned making Vicky go silent.

„It will take some time but I will get over it."
She answered knowing well enough that this wasn't the first dead body she saw. Yet in the back of her mind she gets reminded of how she handled the first dead body.. let's put it this way.. it was not that good.

„I am willing to help if you let me."
This made Vicky think for a moment. In fact she needed some help but not the type of help Kate was offering.

„I do need your help with something.." she confesses.

„Anything." Kate added letting Vicky continue.

„I need you to go to Smiths room to find anything he had on information that could jeopardize my stay here."

„Are you fucking for real right now?" her face frowns as she heard what Vicky said.

„Please. It's important to me. I can't let this come to the surface at all."

„What have you done so horribly wrong that it would ruin your career here."
Oh Vicky was thinking about a lot of things as Kate said that..

„You don't wanna know."

„No actually I do, since I need to do the dirty work I might as well need to know what's going on and what I am getting into!! I can't remove informations if I don't know what I am looking for." she answered making Vicky feel trapped. She knows she's right in this case.

But she doesn't know if she can trust her so far.
„I slept with someone in the past and there are information out there that could ruin my life and theirs and I am not willing to risk that this comes to the surface!" Vicky blurred out leaving Kate standing there in total shock for a good minute.

„I fucking knew it let's go!!" she cheered making Vicky look so fucking confused that she has absolutely no idea if this is a good sign or not.

„A dirty sex secret. I didn't expect that from you.
I thought you were gonna drop that you killed someone or something else."

„I'll just leave this there. So this is all you can and will get!! Nothing more. I need you to find any file you find be had in his room. Do not and I mean DO NOT!! Open those files. Just grab them and bring them to me. Please Kate this is for your own good I don't want you involved in any of this mess."

„You kinda are involving me since you give me the mission to remove important informations."
She replied and Vicky knew she was right.

„If you find anything I need you to hide it for me! Not near my stuff in my room. Just hide it at a place where no one will find it until I am able to take care of it myself. I'll be out soon, after that I can get rid of the informations."
Vicky explained herself and Kate nod.

„Thank you Kate! I owe you!!" she added and earned a hand squeeze from her roommate.

„How is the rest of the class holding up?" I asked curiously.

„They are devastated. Especially Ryan and Gray.
They wish you a fast recovery. The rest is gossiping about what happened I trink it's normal. They try to process it all. Just as you do." she informed her making Vicky nod.

„Let them gossip. I couldn't care less."

„What if I don't find anything in Smiths room? Or what if investigators have been there already?"
She asked Vicky and she sighs.

„Then I'll take care of it my way. If he's smart enough he might have hidden his informations outside of his room. If we are lucky he will have them somewhere in his closet or something.
Just let me know once you find anything."

„I will. I should probably get going." she points to the door behind her giving Vicky another hand squeeze.

„Call me if you need anything."

„I will thank you Kate!"

„Anytime V!" she smiled and left so Vicky can rest.

...