Announcement

Vicky POV

The last two months passed by quicker than expected. We already had our final exams and we are waiting for our results to be announced.

To me it seems like everyone got through or else they would have had to redo some exams.

„Are you ready for the results?" Kate asked me as we were getting ready. I moved my eyes from myself as I looked at the mirror while getting ready for the last day.

„Yes and no. I just wanna get it over with."

„You sound like you are eager to escape this place?" Kate asked curiously and I nod as I sigh.

„Gladly. I want to leave this place behind. Don't you wanna leave too?" I asked her and she shrugged her shoulders.

„I kinda grew to this place. I do miss my outdoor pool and dogs but I got used to this here." she explained herself and I smiled softly.

„I swear Kate no offense but I need a house tour from you one day. I feel like your parents are ridiculously rich." I joked and she laughed.

„Gladly. I don't bring friends in that often but I'd make an exception for you."

„Why? Don't you have tons of friends?"

„Tons of fake ones yeah. They are all out for money."

„What makes you think I am not out for your money too?" I asked her wanting to know if she sees me a fake friend too.

„You weren't really interested on being my friend at first when we met and you weren't aware of me being a rich nepo baby at that time. You found out that I was rich once we were already friends so I wouldn't consider you as a fake friend."

„Good analyzed."

„Olsen would be proud of me wouldn't she?"
She bragged in a humorous way earning a hum from me as I began to feel some type way to hear her name.

„She would." was all I added as my smile faded slowly. I haven't really talked to Olsen ever since she saved me from drowning.

Our conversations were short and always about projects or assignments. Other then that I was avoiding her as good as possible.
As shameful as it is to fall for a married woman I should keep my distance for good.

I should look for people to date that are NOT an authority figure and ESPECIALLY for people who are NOT in a relationship.

Don't know why this shit happens to me but I am sick of it and it drives me nuts to fall for someone who isn't meant for me.

„Do you have any plans for your career after Quantico?" Kate asked me dragging me out of my thoughts.

„Not really. I might work a bit as an agent in New York. But that's just temporary for me."

„You wanna switch departments later on?" she asked me and I shook my head.

„To be honest Kate. I never really wanted to become an agent. I didn't do this for myself."

„Oh okay. That's a surprise. You are a natural in this job it's pretty unexpected to hear this from one of the best in our class."

„Thanks." I answered quick as I put on my shoes.

„Why did you do this in the first place then?"
She questioned curiously.

„My dead father. Might sound dumb, but I wanted to prove him wrong. So here I am proving him wrong and now that I've done it I can finally go back to something I enjoy doing."

„And what's that?"

„Maybe work as a nurse again. I don't know yet.."
I tell her and she smiled at me.

„Wow I did not expect that. You'd be wasted potential if you wouldn't work as an agent I am telling you. But I don't want to influence on your decision. Just do whatever you feel like doing.
I hope we will stay in contact anyway."
She answered as we started to walk to the classroom.

„So do I Kate. I don't really have many friends but I am glad we got along during those tough months."
I bump her shoulder earning a side hug from her as we entered the class to see everyone in it even the lectures.

„Okay now that we are all complete let us inform you on your results." Olsen spoke up as she staid leaned against the desk. Stan stood to her left while Johansson sat to her right.

„After challenging months with lots of ups and downs the exams have been controlled."
Johansson began as she swiped through some papers.

„We would like to congratulate everyone for your successful completion of the FBI Quantico program." Olsen announced smiling wide at everyone.

A huge sigh left my body as I didn't realize until now how I was holding my breath.
Tears streamed in my eyes as I felt Kates hand on mine squeezing it in excitement.

„We made it." she cheers and everyone got up to clap for one another.

„The graduation ceremony is tonight."

„But what about our family and friends? We can't get them here so quick." Ryan asked a bit disappointed.

„We were ahead of that and we called in your family and friends. They should be on their way now and they will arrive soon."
Johansson explained and I can't get the thought out of my head that one of them had been talking on the phone with my mama.

„You've all filled out some papers by the beginning of the program where you crossed in the preferences on which department you will be heading after graduation."

„We have a shortage in the New Yorker department which means that there will be four of you entering New York."

„Those four will be Gray, Wilson and Garcia."
All three of us smiled at each other bright.
Not gonna lie I am thankful to have those two beside me when we enter a new working space.
At least I would have familiar faces there.

„Now. Pack your bags. Take everything with you because you will no longer sleep here. Get ready for graduation and we will see each other at the ceremony with all your friends and family members." Stan added and everyone got up to leave.

...