Chapter 79

"Yes. Even when I'm drunk, I can tell I'm here because you want something."

Reina could no longer pretend not to understand. She didn't know exactly what Noel wanted, but she was weary and ready for the favor to be requested so she could return to the North.

Noel hesitated for a moment, then gathered her resolve.

"I need you to take care of the Western Dungeon."

"The Western Dungeon? You mean the mountain range that's crawling with demons?"

The Western Dungeon was indeed a vast mountain range, infested with demons both above and below ground.

It was riddled with traps and was so expansive that it was impossible to check every corner.

That was why the Saint had entered the dungeon at level 600 and couldn't emerge until reaching level 800.

It was an enormous, formidable, and dangerous place.

Of course, the Northern Labyrinth was the next destination for a level 800 saint, making it manageable for the current Reina, who had no issues with it.

"Got it. No problem."

Noel's eyes widened, stunned by Reina's swift agreement.

She was really going to help clear that dreadful dungeon?

She'd heard that Reina had cleared the Northern Labyrinth and had accompanied the Northern Duke there. Even if it were true, Reina thought she should be able to refuse the request.

'I thought she would at least hesitate.'

Seeing Noel's stunned silence, Reina continued talking to herself.

"If that's the case, why didn't you just tell me? You wouldn't have needed to orchestrate all this—letters, strange songs, mansions, or jewelry."

"That's not it. Yes, I invited people first, but participation was voluntary. Everyone was genuinely grateful to you, Princess. I meant it when I said I wanted to give you a gift."

Noel wanted to come across as considerate, but it wasn't just about asking for favors. She was truly thankful for Reina's willingness to help.

"You know, Princess, you can't force children to write letters or make them smile. They were sincere, I assure you."

"Well, that's true."

Reina understood that making children do something they didn't want to was harder than dealing with dungeons.

"I'm glad you understand. So, please don't turn down my gifts."

"No, really, I don't need any of it. As you saw with my people a few days ago, they cried when I said I was leaving for the West. They can't manage without me. What's the point of having anything here?"

Noel thought about Reina and the Northerners, who clearly had a strong bond.

Reina was well-loved and already had their loyalty. Sadly, Noel felt she was last in line for Reina's attention.

"Then what should I give you? The dungeon has been a major problem for the West. It's filled with gold and jewels we can't access because of the dungeon."

The mountain range housing the dungeon was a treasure trove of rare jewels.

"If you clear it, the West will transform. Not only will the region prosper, but the people will lead more affluent lives. So—"

Noel was about to make her request, but Reina, having guessed the underlying motive, interrupted.

"That's enough. I'll visit when the West is in better shape and more enjoyable. Please don't embarrass me then. ...Oh! Actually, there's one thing I want to ask."