Life Changing Decisions(King Magnifico[Wish] X Reader)

I had to do this. The other one shots were lacking the usual personal touch and I needed to make up for it. I don't know why I feel the need to dull down the heavy concepts when this isn't the first time I've written about my struggles in the form of one shots.

Trigger warning: nightmares of suicide, mentions of self harm/committing suicide, Magnifico thinking the reader died in her sleep

-------

-Magnifico's P.O.V.-

I woke up to notice the sky colored a mix of hues before the sun rose above the horizon. I looked over at (Y/N). She was still asleep, which was a bit odd since her circadian rhythm loved to wake her before the sun was out.

I moved closer to her and held her to me. Something about the sensation of her body being pressed to mine felt off. She felt limp. The panic immediately set in.

"(Y/N)," I said softly while gently rocking her. She didn't respond. My heart sank and I swallowed the forming lump in my throat. She couldn't be.

I sat up and continued my attempts to wake her. "(Y/N), wake up." Her body only moved with my motions. She lied still. I felt a huge pit in my stomach. My nose tingled as tears rimmed my eyes. "Please, this can't be happening.." I tried to gently shake her awake, my voice louder and intruding to the silence of the twilight. "(Y/N). (Y/N), wake up. Don't you dare.." She failed to respond. "I can't lose you.. Please wake up.."

-Reader's P.O.V.-

My breathing hitched as I woke up. My tear filled eyes met with Magnifico's matching ones. He took my hand. "Darling.."

"Magnifico.." I said, my voice just above a whisper.

He pulled me into his lap and held me as if I'd disappear if there wasn't any contact between us. "You were eerily still.. I thought you died.. I thought I lost you.."

I clung to him. "I did.. I jumped off the balcony.."

"Would you..? No matter how loud they scream..?"

"No.. Every time I think about hurting myself, I'm filled with regret.. No matter how badly the urge gets.. I can never go through with anything.. I'm too scared.."

"Good.. I can't lose you.. I lost everything once.. I can't let it happen again.."

I felt one of the king's tears drop onto my cheek. It combined with one of my own and slid down my skin. He gently rested his forehead against mine. Our glassy eyes locked.

"I love you so much, (Y/N).." he murmured.

"I love you too, Magnifico.." I sniffled. "I'm sorry I scared you.." I cupped his cheek.

He leaned into my touch. "Promise me that no matter how loud and insistent your thoughts get, you'll never give in to them.."

"I promise.. I don't think I'll ever get enough willpower to go through with anything.. So, you don't have to worry about that.."

"I do worry. Your mind is telling you to kill yourself. That's an immediate cause for concern. Death isn't the answer," he said seriously. "We're going to work on this. I can't have you like this every day."

"It's not every day," I defended. "I bounce back within hours. Days at the longest."

"You shouldn't have to 'bounce back' at all. A person as magnificent as you shouldn't be going through what you do. Even as short lived as each incident is. You promise you won't hurt yourself and I promise I'll help you cope if not get rid of your anxiety completely."

"Really?"

"Yes. I can't imagine what you go through, but what just happened made me realize this needs to end. I know it's easier to continue to suffer and just push through it, but I won't allow you to struggle like this."

I cupped his cheeks and wiped away any stray tears with my thumbs. "When do we start?"

"Today," he said. "I'll begin my research. You will heal from this, my love."

I pulled his head down into a kiss. He kissed back and held me closer. We pulled away after a good minute.

"Well," I started, "that's one way to wake up."

Magnifico exhaled a laugh. He kissed my forehead. "We'll begin your help and go out on a picnic afterwards."

"Okay," I replied. "I'm sorry, Magnifico."

"Don't apologize for something you can't control. I'm so appreciative of you resisting the urges. I love you so much," he said.

I got off of him and lied back down. He lied next to me and held me close. I kissed his bare chest. "I love you too, Magnifico. More than you think."

-------

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo