𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝. (Aidlyn)

A/N: Content contains a panic attack, viewer discretion advised.

Setting takes place after they escape the facility, the phantom dimension doesn't disappear in this oneshot though

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

The group quietly stalked through the forest behind the school bus graveyard. They were setting up more traps to prevent phantoms from getting passed the wall. They split up into duos to get things done faster.

"Ash, look!" Aiden exclaimed, pointing at a carving he indented on a tree using his knife. Ashlyn turned to see his sketch, she gave him an unamused look. "You're supposed to be setting up your part of the trap Aiden." she reminded the boy, he had a tendency to get distracted easily and Ashlyn was constantly bringing him back on track.

"I already set it up, and I got bored." He started spinning the handle of his knife between his fingers. "Did you do it right?" Ashlyn questioned, she was unconvinced that he did something right for once. The blonde nodded and gave a thumbs up.

Ashlyn being the paranoid teenager she was, walked over to double check, they couldn't afford these traps failing. She hummed in surprise, "wow, you set it up better than I expected." she gave the boy credit. Aiden placed his hands on his hips and smiled triumphantly. "Don't get too confident." she immediately shut him down, Ashlyn didn't need him more confident than he already was.

Aiden pouted and turned around to walk away and set up another trap. Ashlyn finished up her part and followed him shortly after. "Let's do two more then regroup, alright?" The girl suggested, Aiden smiled and nodded. "Okay!"

And so they worked on setting up another trap, this one was up in the trees, it was meant to be triggered by a trip wire and release a rock that would bash a group of phantoms at a high speed. Highly effective and it was Tyler's idea based off a video game he played once.

"I didn't think Tyler was capable of trap ideas like this." Ashlyn said, securing one end of the rope that acted as the tripwire. Aiden laughed, "right? who knew Halfwit had some brains." he joked, earning an amused eye roll from Ashlyn.

"Can't disagree with you there." Ashlyn replied, she tied one more knot on the rope and got up, quickly looking over the area. "You done up there?" she inquired, looking up at Aiden who was busy securing rope around the large boulder. Don't question how they got it up in a large ass tree.

"Almost.. yup! Done." He exclaimed, tying one more knot. Ashlyn gave him a thumbs up and watched as he climbed down the ladder. "Be careful." she warned, knowing the boy practically had two left feet.

Aiden took her warning and became more cautious as he climbed down. He hopped off the last two steps and turned around to face Ashlyn. "One more." She reminded, the two got to work.

•••

Finally, the last trap was set up and the two began walking back to the graveyard to regroup, hopefully the others were done by now. Ashlyn pressed the button to open the gate once they got back, she walked in and Aiden closed it behind him after he followed her. "You guys made it!" Taylor exclaimed, happy to see her friends.

"Yeah we did, everyone get their traps set?" The redhead questioned, she received various forms of confirmation. "Great, we should be fine for the night then." Ashlyn informed.

If only someone could warn her or what was to come.

"How many hours do we have left?" Tyler asked, looking at Logan who was standing beside him, the group deemed him as the time tracker. "About 4 hours." Logan said, looking at his phone. "Alright, I'm going to scout the area outside the wall to make sure no phantoms are around." Ashlyn said, turning around to walk towards the gate.