𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞. (All + No Ships)

A/N: Welcome to the 40th chapter, I hope you're prepared for the reading ahead. But before we get to that, I'd like to thank you all for the support I've received on this book, it's what keeps me going. I never thought I'd make it this far, but I'm very glad I did

Now, a few warnings before we begin: this chapter will have blood, gore, arguments, slight cursing, and a panic attack. Viewer discretion is advised, if you are uncomfortable with any of the mentioned topics then I do not recommend reading this chapter.

Grab some tissues just in case, this is definitely a long one.

Note that this is semi accurate, not everything will be exactly like the webtoon.

Recommended song for this chapter: Hold On - Chord Overstreet

Otherwise, enjoy the story :)

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

"Want me to drive?" Aiden offered, noticing Ashlyn's sudden hesitance as soon as she opened the door to the driver's side. "Didn't you say that you've only driven go-karts?" she inquired, suddenly unsure. Aiden nodded, "yeah, but it's basically the same thing right?" The girl sighed and went around the truck, getting in on the passenger side. She definitely did not trust Aiden's driving but there was no one else, Aiden got in the driver's side, Logan got into the boot, since their vehicle was a red truck. Ben helped Taylor get in the back seat with her brother Tyler in her arms.

A few minutes into the drive, Ashlyn looked back at Ben and Taylor. "How is he?" she pondered, Taylor took a moment to glance down at the barely alive boy before replying, "he's stable for now.. we managed to fix what we could, but so much was torn and broken." she replied. Ashlyn exhaled and faced forward again. She felt a sliver of hope when their school came into view.

Everyone was seconds away from getting out of the truck until Ashlyn halted her movements, "hold on." she ordered, the others stayed still. Ashlyn listened for any familiar sounds, her blood ran cold when she began hearing the sound of the centipede phantom growing closer. "Everyone turn off your lights, it's nearby! And don't close the doors when you get out, it could hear them slam!" she stated, getting out of the truck as quietly as she could.

Everyone else followed, Ben carried an unconscious Tyler on his back. The leader of their group led them into the school building, all of them were doing their best to remain as quiet as possible. "We need to find the keys for the control room." She said, their plan was to shut off the schools power, this way the generator would be tricked into thinking that there is no longer power, and the alternator would automatically kick on. Which would result in the football field's lights turning on, this would help ward off the centipede phantom that was following them.

Taylor was the one who knew where the coach kept them, since she hung around Tyler and the baseball team so often. She was the one leading the group through the eerily silent hallways. 'Is it getting closer? It's hard to tell when I'm in a building like this..' Ashlyn thought to herself, she was listening for any signs of creatures nearby. "How much further?" Ashlyn questioned the taller girl who was walking ahead of the group.

"Down this hallway and a couple more classrooms down." Taylor replied, glancing back at Ashlyn who nodded. They weren't that far. The surrounding area suddenly grew dark, and Logan was the first to realize. 'Did it.. get darker?' he wondered in his mind, the boy turned his head to look out the window. As did everyone else,

they froze when the centipede phantom was staring right at them.

"RUN!!" Ashlyn yelled, everyone booked it for the coach's room. They barely had time to get out of the way before the centipede creature smashed through the wall. The leader stumbled, the noise created by the smashed building was too much for her hearing. "Ash!" Aiden exclaimed, steadying the girl so she wouldn't fall. 'Too loud!' Ashlyn thought, using her free hand to cover her left ear.