𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲. (Ashler)

A/N: Lil something in honor of Ashlyn's birthday :)

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

Ashlyn had woken up to the sound of her alarm screaming at her. She sat up in bed with a quiet groan and rubbed the exhaustion out of her eyes. Today was a different day compared to others though, why?

It was her birthday.

That's right, she's now 15 years old.
(canonically 14 in the comic)

She wasn't too excited though, Ashlyn wasn't a big fan of celebrating her birthday but she always appreciated whatever her parents did for her special day.

The girl got out of bed and put on her outfit for the day, she had a good 90 minutes before school started, plenty of time to get ready. Ashlyn put on a bit of makeup like she always did.

"I wonder what plans we have today.." she said to herself, putting her earplugs in and making her way downstairs. Her parents weren't in the kitchen cooking up breakfast like they usually were, this caught the girl off guard. She thought it was odd at first but eventually brushed it off.

"Probably got called into work." she mumbled, grabbing a granola bar from the cabinet and then grabbing her backpack. The bus arrived right as Ashlyn was locking the front door, she jogged towards the bus and got on.

She was immediately bombarded with loud sounds from everyone on the bus. Ashlyn mentally cursed and made her way over to her seat, Aiden and Ben caught sight of her and the energetic one of the duo immediately began talking to her.

"Hey Ash!" Aiden exclaimed, clearly happy to see the girl who looked like she wanted to curl up in bed and stay there. "Hi Aiden." The girl replied, keeping her gaze out the window. Aiden continued to yap and Ashlyn continued to ignore him.

Eventually Ben got tired of hearing his cousin talk and distracted him with a rubix cube. Aiden went silent after that and Ashlyn was internally grateful. The rest of the bus ride to school was loud and chaotic, just like every morning. Despite the high volume, Ashlyn was easily able to think about that morning.

Her parents weren't home on her birthday, surely her friends knew what today was right? They've known each other long enough to know when each of their birthday's is. Ashlyn didn't really care but nonetheless it hurt to think about the fact that her friends and parents possibly forgot about today.

"Don't think about it too much." She whispered to herself, it wasn't a big deal after all. About 5 minutes later the bus pulled into the school parking lot, all the students aboard filed off. Ashlyn, Aiden, and Ben made their way into the building. Ashlyn immediately spotted the twins bickering about something and Logan watching both of them anxiously.

"No! That isn't--oh, hey guys!" Taylor exclaimed, shoving passed her brother who looked dumbfounded by the sudden mood change. "What were you guys talking about?" Ashlyn questioned, obviously curious. Taylor scratched the back of her neck and laughed nervously, "nothing important. Just silly sibling arguing." she said, Ashlyn hummed.

She figured siblings did that all the time, so it didn't seem odd. Actually, a small part of her wondered if Taylor knew what today was, considering she was the one who kept up with their group the most and knew almost everything about everyone.

Though, Ashlyn was proven incorrect with Taylor's next words, "we should get to class! The bell is about to ring anyways." now, she wasn't going to lie, Ashlyn was a bit surprised. Did any of them remember at all?

She trailed behind the group, walking a bit behind all of them with her head down, everyone was engrossed in their own conversation. The only person who seemed to notice Ashlyn's distance was Tyler. "Hold on one second." He said to Logan who nodded, the boy then made his way over to Ashlyn which caught her attention.