𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐞𝐬. (No Ships)

A/N: How are we all recovering from chapter 40? 👀 Here's something wholesome to help :)

Also I just learned today, apparently the twins and Ashlyn are the oldest trio of the group?😃 They're all around 15 while everyone else is 14.. I could be wrong though.

There might be a few implied ships but no official ones🤷🏽‍♀️

TW: Vomiting, viewer discretion advised.

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

The weather had been rather cold recently, like so cold you needed more than just a jacket. Thin layers of frost covered the outside of the windows around Ashlyn's home. The girl was currently laying in bed, her head was aching.

She'd been horribly sick for the last few days, unable to get out of bed due to having absolutely no energy at all. Her parents would check on her every few hours or so, whether it was to give her medicine, check her temperature, or even just to ask if she needed something. Ashlyn was wearing one of her hoodies and hiding under her covers, she hated being sick.

Her mom entered the room about five minutes later, "honey, one of your friends called to ask where you were, so I told them you weren't feeling well.. they hung up the phone and now i have a feeling they're coming here." Emma warned, the ill girl in bed groaned.

Seriously?

"Okay mom." Ashlyn murmured through a cough, she whined as pain erupted in her throat. 'I hate being sick!' she thought, covering her face with her hands. Her mother displayed a sympathetic smile before leaving the room, most likely going to prepare soup for her daughter, since Ashlyn had a hard time keeping other types of food down.

Meanwhile, the others were busy at the store. Why you may ask? Simple, as Ashlyn's friends, they decided to buy her gifts in hopes of making her feel better, even in the slightest. "Are you two done?" Taylor questioned, giving her brother and Aiden an unamused look. They'd been arguing for about ten minutes over whose gift Ashlyn would like more.

"Yeah we are, so shut it Aiden." Tyler glared, shoving the bleach blonde by his shoulder. Aiden rolled his eyes and scoffed, "you're only giving up because Taylor would kick your ass." he joked, earning an eye roll from Tyler. Taylor quietly snickered and walked towards the checkout. Logan and Ben were the only ones besides Taylor who actually behaved that entire time.

(Taylor is the mom of the group, can't convince me otherwise)

Tyler and Aiden eventually caught up to the others. They paid for the gifts and Ben helped Taylor put them in bags, he offered to carry them and forced Aiden to help him. "Why do I have to carry bags?" Aiden questioned, earning a side-eye from his cousin who was walking beside him. "Because you wouldn't stop arguing." Taylor replied, looking back at the boy and giving him a 'mom stare' as Tyler called it. That stare alone immediately silenced Aiden.

"Do you think Ashlyn's parents will be upset if we show up randomly? Not to mention Aiden hung up on her without a word after she called." Logan pondered, glancing at the blonde boy after mentioning him. Taylor thought for a moment, they wouldn't be mad right? Ashlyn's parents loved them.

"I don't think they will, we will just explain why Aiden hung up." The girl stated, earning a nod from Logan. The five of them walked down the sidewalk in comfortable silence, they weren't too far from Ashlyn's house by this point. "You think she'll like all this stuff?" Aiden queried, not really asking anyone in particular, just wondering out loud.

"She will, I'm sure of it!" Taylor exclaimed. They all made sure to grab some of Ashlyn's favorite items from the store, she was bound to like them.

Ashlyn was currently hiding under her blankets, even if it was unbearably hot due to her high temperature, she'd rather be hidden away from the rest of the world. Not even a minute later, a knock could be heard on the other side of her door, "come in." Ashlyn croaked. The door opened to reveal her mother holding a tray with a bowl of soup. The redhead girl peeked out from a small opening she created through her nest of blankets.