𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞. (All + Jasmine)

A/N: Better grab some tissues y'all, the ship of this chapter will be Aidlyn :)

Part 2 of "Making Amends" read that first (if you haven't already) before reading this

TW: Gore, death, viewer discretion advised.

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

Two months of working endlessly to find out more about the fungus, and so far the group had nothing. The only thing they collectively agreed on was the fact that they're exhausted. Right now, they were at the park for another meeting. Jasmine was already there when they arrived.

"Anything?" The woman questioned, earning the same response she'd received over the last two months. Ashlyn shook her head, "nothing."

Jasmine stayed quiet, why was finding more about the fungus so difficult? It was frustrating. "This is impossible, nobody else even knows about it so how would information about it be anywhere on the internet?!" Tyler exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

"It's not like things are getting any easier in the phantom dimension either, they're everywhere." Aiden added, shoving his hands in the pockets of his shorts. "I think this is honestly a waste of time." Ashlyn sighed.

"There has to be something, I promised I'd get you all out of that rift." Jasmine said, racking the possibilities in her mind. There had to be some way none of them have thought of yet. The group stayed quiet, all of them were on the verge of giving up.

"Look, the best we can do for now is continue to deal with the phantom dimension until something can be discovered." Ashlyn declared, she glanced at everyone else around her for signs of protest, looking content when she received none.

"I guess so." Tyler grumbled, his arms crossed over his chest. "Can we at least get some sleep before doing that, I'm exhausted." Taylor begged. Everyone else was quick to jump onto that idea. "That's smart, you kids need rest. I'll see if I can find anything out and I'll call one of you if I do." Jasmine said, pointedly glancing at Ashlyn when she mentioned calling one of them with any newfound information.

Over time, Jasmine realized that Ashlyn was sort of the group leader, everyone listened to her. So of course she was the one that the woman would be contacting if she found anything.

"We'll meet back here tomorrow, if that's alright." Jasmine asked, she received agreement from everyone in the group. Soon enough, they all parted ways. "It's best if we all stick together tonight, so we'll be staying at my house, my parents will look out for us." Ashlyn informed as she and the others walked down the sidewalk.

Nobody seemed to dislike the idea, they were all okay with it actually since adults would be present if anything happened. "I just can't wait to get some sleep." Tyler said, everyone else was quick to agree.

•••

About 10 minutes later, they finally made it to Ashlyn's house. Her dad opened the door with a smile and let them in. They all made their way up to Ashlyn's room, deciding to have a small sleep over for the remaining 4 hours until midnight.

"Aiden for the love of God please stop snoring." Tyler scolded as if Aiden could hear him. The blonde was knocked out cold, but apparently he was the only one. His loud ass snoring was keeping everyone else awake. Ashlyn, having had enough, grabbed the pillow closest to her and threw it at Aiden's face, jolting the boy awake.

"Not cool!" Aiden complained, covering his face with the blanket he'd borrowed. "What's not cool is the fact that your snoring is keeping everyone else awake." Ashlyn spat, clearly irritated by lack of sleep. Aiden huffed and uncovered his face, looking around the room for a brief moment.