50- Liberty

Very sorry for the wait. I'll aim to have another chapter out this month. Announcing it in writing will force me not to let you guys down lol.

"But it literally wasn't my fault, Yoshis head is so fat it looks like his skulls been carrying a baby for fucking 23 months. Why did Miss Yoon think putting the kid that looks like Roger in American dad at the very front of the class was a good idea?"
Kenma ranted.

Truthfully you were barely listening to what he was babbling on about. You gawked out of the car window, the same query resurfacing ever since you saw the expression your father made. Almost of defeat. It was clear Kenma was not going to budge when it came to the honest answer of what leverage he had over your father, or all the other possibilities of words that led him to scurry off powerlessly.

"Bruh, you're not even listening," Kenma mumbled, with a mouthful of his chicken sandwich still in his mouth.

You glanced over at him, about to to lie and ensure him you were, but you could see more words were quick to depart from his lips.

"You haven't touched your food either."
His eyes dropped down to your lap where the plastic pot of macaroni sat. A wooden fork stationary atop of it.

"Yeah.. I just don't have an appetite," you huffed, swinging your head back again to peer outside the window.

"Oi, look at me," Kenma called out.

"Hmm?" You hummed, your body unmoving. You didn't process his words fast enough.

"Hey," he lightly tugged on your hair, redirecting your focus onto him.

"You're still thinking about it, aren't you?" He exhaled.

"Of course I am. You're telling me to trust you, when I have no idea what just happened, and what I'm going to walk into when I go home. And I've asked my dad, he's not answering me. For the first time he's actually leaving me on read. The guy that could rant during an active bombing without issue. But I'm trying to do as you said and trust Kenma. As if it's  not that hard in this situation."

"Nothings gonna happen to you. I'm not stup—

"But why? Why is nothing gonna happen to me? What could you have possibly said? And you know this is gonna eat me alive, thinking about this. This is my dad we are talking about. The one thing that makes me tick. It's going to consume me until you tell me.."

"Yeah.. I get that..." he spoke quietly, dragging his eyes away from your desperate gaze.

"And?" You questioned.

He took a moment before replying.

"I guess all I can say is to trust me," he sighed.

"I do but—

"But what?"

"This is weird. Obviously somethings happening that I know nothing about.. and I can't act normal about it until you tell me." You picked up your plastic pot of macaroni and the utensil along with it in your your right hand, and with your left, clutched the car door pull, unlocking your passenger side, ignoring the voice of the blond that called out for you.

You shut the door, silencing his voice to your ear altogether.

The rest of the school day went by, and Kenma had not told you what was going on, in fact, he had not said anything to you at all.

You were now left to dread what you feared all day.
Going home. Being blind to the affairs that was ongoing made you more anxious. And it only skyrocketed once you saw your fathers car parked in the driveway.