51- Eighteenth

"You haven't spoken to me all day," Kenma whined, following after you, down the hallway, like a dog on a leash.

"You know damn well how to change that," you responded, ready to release your heavy textbook from your hand as you made your way to your locker.

It was Friday. You spent most of the school day trapped in your own head with everything that occurred over the last 24 hours. But alas, last period was over and you could go home.

Honestly...

If you really yearned to, you could go to the Bahamas and back and your parents wouldn't be able to bat an eye.

Nevertheless, you did plan to revisit the anime merchandise store in the town centre and get Ryes gift.

"And you know damn well I'm not gonna tell you," he responded as he leaned on the locker next to yours, looking down at you as you put in your combination.

You opened your locker door blocking him out from your frame of vision. He exhaled, taking it to offence.
"How was it though? I know it felt good seeing them shut up for once." He walked over to your other side so there was no longer a metal door between you.

It did feel good. Especially the part where your dad actually did take a blanket and pillow out to his car and your mother yelled at him, calling him stupid because the neighbours could have ended up seeing him. You watched it all from your window, how much of a mess they had become.

You switched out your English textbook for your mathematics, sliding your bag off your shoulder and shoving it in.

You didn't answer him.

"Ahh this is so unfair, you should be all over me, kissing my feet and thanking me," he sighed, in his signature stance, with his hands tucked in his pockets. He leaned flat against the lockers next to you, peering out the window in disbelief and ignoring the students that walked by.

"Did you really think that was gonna happen?" You responded, shutting your locker with a little more of a force than usual. The frustration nudged you a bit.

"Yeaa. I would've been satisfied with some really sloppy head too, to be honest," he whined miserably.

You rolled your eyes, and started pacing towards the exit. Your invisible leash pulling him along behind you.

"Let me drop you home," he suggested.

"I'm not going home," you mumbled. The halls were quite loud from the eager students ready to leave on a Friday afternoon, which your voice fell into  the crowd,  but Kenma was practically hovering over you, getting a clear interpretation of your mumble.

"Where you goin?"

"Into the city."
Your voice became more clear and prominent as you walked further into the car park where the population decreased. You now found yourself looking for Kenma's car, because you'd rather a free
ride then the crusty, smelly bus.

"It's on your left, next row," he guided you.

"Thought you had practice," you mumbled again. You didn't want it to come across as you being civil with him again.

"..Yeah..." he simply answered, halting as you had reached his vehicle.

You pulled the passenger side grab handle, but the door did not budge. It was still locked.
You turn your body around, meeting eyes with Kenma. Stood couple inches in front of you.

"So you don't miss me, hm?"

you did.

A lot.

A lot more than he could imagine.