49-Covert

Fuck.
Fuck.
I knew it.
I'm so stupid.
Kenma thinks he's so fucking cool dapping up some kid like it'll keep his mouth shut.
Now this is the end.
I can't even handle my demented parents.
And now, I'm going to be shipped off to live with my even more demented grandparent.
I can't even be fully mad at him.
It's my fault too.
I knew the risks and still followed him.

All you could do was argue with yourself within your thoughts as you slowly made your way to the head office.
You were in no rush to meet your daunting faith.

A big part of you prayed that you would be spared, that you would be recognised as the great student you were and this was just a stupid blip in your record.

That you would be left off with a warning.

Honestly, you did not know what to expect.

There it was.

The door of the head office.
You took a deep breath, palm shaking as you reached for the handle of the door. You gaped keenly out of the window neighbouring door. The possibility of discovering one of your parents cars by visitor parking would inform you on what you were walking into.

The window you were looking out of lacked the beneficial angles you coveted , but regardless of that fact, you became more agitated seeing the narrow edge of a green vehicle.

The same green as your fathers.

You suddenly pulled your hand back into your body, your anxiety taking over, scaring you into standing behind the door for longer. You knowingly built more tension for yourself.

"Should I open it?"

You felt a warm body press against your back.
Kenmas soft but deep voice,
Recognisable scent.

You rotated around, glancing up at him.
His face was expressionless, as if there was nothing to worry about.

As if everything was fine.

And it irritated you.

"I told you he would tell," you whisper shouted, nudging him back.
"I told you, I told you," you attempted to hit him again, but this time he caught your fist.

"He didn't say anything." He held your fist with regard.

You froze, just momentarily, mind fogged.
"He d-didn't? How do you know?" Your eyes widened.

"Miss Endo said im wanted 'cause something to do with my car blocking another car from getting out."

"What... well.. who did? What if she's lying, made it up so others wouldn't hear? Even if she didn't then what is this about?" You sighed.

"I..I don't know.. it must be something else."

"But..I think-I think that's my dads car," you pointed at the minuscule segment of the green vehicle you could make-out from viewpoint of the window.

Kenma dished his head against the window carefully, tugging his eyes as far as he could to hopefully receive a greater perspective on the vehicle.
However, the window would not let him go nor see any further.

"I don't know.."
He lugged himself away from the glass after finishing his assessment.

"let's find out," he reached his hand just over your shoulder, fingers seconds away from dragging down the handle.

"No! Wait..wait..I'm scared." You grabbed his arm with haste.

"Don't worry, I got you," he spoke with a low, serene tone.