the best day

Victoria was sitting on her bed, scrolling through her phone when it buzzed with an incoming call. She glanced at the screen and smiled, seeing Caitlin's name.

"Hey, Cait," Victoria answered, her voice bright.

"Hey, pretty girl" Caitlin's warm voice came through the line. "I was thinking, since it's our last day of break, do you want to go see a movie and then have dinner together?"

Victoria's smile widened. "That sounds perfect. What time?"

"How about I pick you up in an hour?" Caitlin suggested.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be ready," Victoria replied.

"Great. See you soon," Caitlin said before hanging up.

Victoria hopped off her bed and headed to her closet, deciding on a cute but comfortable outfit.  After brushing her hair and applying a touch of makeup, she checked herself in the mirror, satisfied with her look.

About an hour later, the doorbell rang. Victoria hurried downstairs, her heart fluttering with anticipation. She opened the door to find Caitlin standing there, looking effortlessly beautiful in jeans and a hoodie, her hair pulled back into her classic ponytail. 

"Hey, you," Victoria greeted, her smile widening.

"Hey," Caitlin replied, her eyes lighting up as she leaned in and kissed Victoria softly. The kiss was sweet and lingering, sending a warm shiver down Victoria's spine.

"You ready to go?" Caitlin asked, pulling back just enough to look into Victoria's eyes.

"Absolutely," Victoria said, grabbing her purse and stepping out, locking the door behind her.

As they drove to the movie theater, Caitlin reached over and rested her hand on Victoria's thigh. The touch was casual yet intimate, and Victoria found herself smiling at the gesture, feeling a pleasant warmth spread through her.

"How was your morning?" Caitlin asked, glancing over with a soft smile.

"It was good," Victoria replied, placing her hand over Caitlin's. "But it just got a lot better."

Caitlin chuckled, giving her thigh a gentle squeeze. "I'm glad to hear that."

The streets of Des Moines were familiar, but everything felt special when they were together. The drive was filled with easy conversation and comfortable silence, each of them enjoying the other's presence.

At the movie theater, Victoria and Caitlin approached the ticket counter togethe. The scent of buttered popcorn wafted through the air, mingling with the sound of laughter and chatter from other people. 

Victoria reached into her purse to pull out her wallet, fully intending to pay for their tickets and the snacks. But as she began to extract some cash, she noticed Caitlin looking at her with a weird expression.

"What are you doing?" Caitlin asked, her voice laced with amusement.

Victoria hesitated, her hand still poised halfway out of her purse. "Paying?" she replied, her tone uncertain.

Caitlin shook her head, a playful smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Absolutely not," she declared, reaching out to gently push Victoria's hand away. "This one's on me."

Victoria's eyebrows furrowed in protest. "Cait, you don't have to do that," she insisted, feeling a twinge of guilt at the thought of Caitlin paying for both of them.

But Caitlin just laughed "Come on, Vic, let me treat you for once," she urged, her hand finding Victoria's waist and pulling her in playfully.

Victoria let out a small squeal of surprise, her hands instinctively reaching out to steady herself. "Careful, Cait," she chuckled, her cheeks flushing with warmth as she tried her best to not let the snacks fall. "You're gonna make me spill the stuff."