I'd marry you with paper rings

It was a picturesque Saturday afternoon, and Caitlin had meticulously planned every detail of the day. She had told Victoria they were going to have a picnic in the park, something they often enjoyed doing together. However, this particular outing was going to be different from all the others.

Caitlin had chosen a beautiful park known for its sprawling gardens and serene lakes. They drove there with the windows down, enjoying the warm breeze and the scent of blooming flowers.

When they arrived, Caitlin carried the picnic basket while Victoria grabbed the blanket. Caitlin led Victoria to a secluded spot under a large oak tree, where they could have some privacy.

"This place is beautiful, Cait," Victoria said, spreading out the blanket and sitting down.

"I'm glad you like it," Caitlin replied, setting the basket down and joining her.

They unpacked their lunch, a mix of their favorite foods – sandwiches, fresh fruit and  cheese.

As they ate, they talked and laughed, enjoying each other's company. After they finished their meal, Caitlin suggested a walk around the lake. Holding hands, they strolled along the path, taking in the peaceful surroundings.

As they rounded a bend, Victoria noticed a small wooden gazebo ahead, decorated with twinkling fairy lights and surrounded by an array of colorful flowers. She looked at Caitlin, puzzled.

"What's this?" Victoria asked, her heart beginning to race.

"Come with me," Caitlin said, leading her to the gazebo.

Inside, the gazebo was even more magical. The fairy lights cast a warm glow, and there were rose petals scattered on the floor. A soft melody played in the background, one of their favorite songs.

"Caitlin, what's going on?" Victoria asked.

Caitlin took a deep breath, her heart pounding with nervous excitement. She took both of Victoria's hands in hers and looked deeply into her eyes.

"Victoria," Caitlin began, her voice trembling slightly, "from the moment I met you, my life has been filled with more joy and love than I ever thought possible. You've stood by me through everything, and I can't imagine my life without you. You're my best friend, my rock, and the love of my life. I want to spend the rest of my life making you as happy as you've made me."

Victoria's eyes filled with tears, her heart swelling with love. Caitlin reached into her pocket and pulled out a small velvet box, getting down on one knee.

"Victoria, will you marry me?" Caitlin asked, opening the box to reveal a stunning diamond ring.

Tears streamed down Victoria's face as she nodded, unable to speak for a moment. "Yes, Caitlin, yes!" she finally managed to say, her voice choked with emotion.

Caitlin slipped the ring onto Victoria's finger and stood up, pulling her into a tight embrace. They kissed, the love and joy they felt in that moment overwhelming. When they finally pulled apart, they were both laughing and crying, their hearts full.

"I can't believe you did all this for me," Victoria said, looking around at the beautifully decorated gazebo.

"Of course," Caitlin replied, brushing a tear from Victoria's cheek. "You deserve the world, Vic."

Victoria hugged Caitlin tightly, her heart bursting with love. "I can't believe it. We're getting married."

Caitlin smiled, kissing Victoria's forehead. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

They spent the rest of the afternoon in the gazebo, talking about their future and dreaming about the life they would build together. As the sun began to set, they walked back to their picnic spot, hand in hand, their hearts full of love and excitement for the future.

The park was quiet and serene, with the sounds of nature providing a perfect backdrop to their special day. They packed up their picnic things, but neither wanted to leave just yet. Caitlin suggested they sit by the lake for a little longer, watching the sunset.

As they sat by the water, Victoria leaned her head on Caitlin's shoulder, feeling a sense of peace and happiness she had never felt before. Caitlin wrapped her arm around Victoria, holding her close.

"I love you so much, Vic," Caitlin said softly.

"I love you too, Cait," Victoria replied, looking up at her with a smile.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden glow over the lake, they shared another kiss, sealing their promise to each other. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day, one they would cherish forever.

"I know we're getting married but you still make me feel so" Victoria trailed off, trying to find a word that could express what she was feeling.

"So what?" grinned Caitlin, playing with Victoria's hair.

"so highschool I guess" laughed Victoria, leaning into Caitlins side, knowing that she had found her person and that  was all she needed. 

AUTHORS NOTE

ITS FINISHED!! tysm for all the love and support I love all of u 

I have grown very emotionally attached to Cait and vic those are my babies 

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐎 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 || 𝐂𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐊 🎉