would've, could've, should've

Victoria lay curled up on her bed, sobbing uncontrollably. The pain of betrayal cut deep, leaving her feeling hollow and broken. She clutched her pillow, her tears soaking through the fabric. Meanwhile, Caitlin stood outside Taylor's house, still in shock. She took a deep breath and forced herself to go back inside.

As she entered, all eyes turned to her, their expressions a mix of confusion and concern. Jada was the first to speak, her voice low and urgent. "Caitlin, what the fuck happened?" 

Caitlin swallowed hard, trying to find her voice. "Connor kissed me," she said, her voice trembling. "I froze... Victoria saw." 

The room fell into a heavy silence, the weight of Caitlin's words sinking in. Kate, Gabbie, Jada, and Kylie exchanged looks of disbelief and sympathy, unsure of what to say.

 Taylor, who had invited Connor without knowing the full situation, looked stricken. "I had no idea, Caitlin. I'm so sorry." 

Caitlin shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes again. "It's not your fault, Taylor. I should've handled things better."

 Kate sighed, running a hand through her hair. "This is a mess." 

Jada nodded, her expression softening. "Cait, you need to fix this. Talk to Victoria. Explain everything." 

Caitlin wiped her eyes, feeling the full weight of her actions. "I know. I just... I don't know if she'll ever forgive me." 

Gabbie stepped forward and put a hand on Caitlin's shoulder. "You have to try. She deserves to know the truth." Caitlin nodded, determined to make things right, even if it meant facing the consequences of her mistakes. She had to find a way to earn Victoria's forgiveness, no matter how long it took.

Caitlin sank into a chair, burying her face in her hands. "I can't lose her," she whispered, her voice breaking with despair. 

Jada knelt beside her, placing a comforting hand on her back. "You both love each other so much, Cait. You're not losing each other." 

Kate nodded in agreement. "This is just a bump in the road. You and Victoria have something real. You can get through this."

Gabbie added, "You need to explain everything to her, Caitlin. She deserves to know the truth." 

Kylie chimed in, "It's clear how much you care about each other. You have to fight for her." 

Caitlin looked up, tears streaming down her face. "But what if she doesn't forgive me? What if I've messed up too much?" 

Jada squeezed her shoulder gently. "You have to try, Cait. Be honest with her. Show her how much you love her and that you're willing to do whatever it takes to make things right." 

Caitlin nodded, drawing strength from her friends' words. She knew she had to find a way to make amends and prove to Victoria that she was worth fighting for.

Caitlin kept her face in her hands, tears dripping onto the floor. "I can't lose her," she repeated, voice cracking. 

"I just can't."

 Jada sat next to her, rubbing her back soothingly. "Caitlin, you won't lose her. You love each other too much for this to be the end." 

"But I froze, Jada," Caitlin said, looking up with red, puffy eyes. "Connor kissed me, and I didn't push him away. Victoria saw everything. How can she ever trust me again?" 

Kate leaned in, her expression serious but gentle. "You need to explain to her what happened. Victoria needs to hear it from you. She needs to know it wasn't what she thinks."

 "I don't know if she'll listen," Caitlin said, voice trembling. "I've hurt her so much already." 

Gabbie interjected, "Caitlin, you're both stronger than this. You've been through so much together. You can't give up now." 

Kylie added, "You need to show her that she's the one you want. Make her see how much she means to you." 

Caitlin shook her head, despair clouding her eyes. "What if she never forgives me? What if this is it?" J

ada grasped her shoulders firmly, making Caitlin look at her. "Listen to me, Cait. You have to fight for her. Show her that she's worth everything to you. Be honest, be vulnerable, and don't let her go without a fight." 

Caitlin nodded slowly, wiping her tears. "I can't lose her," she whispered again, this time with a bit more determination. "I have to make this right."