Did the love affair maim you too?

Caitlin walked to Victoria's dorm, each step feeling heavier than the last. She could barely breathe, her mind racing with what she would say, how she could possibly make things right. When she reached the door, she took a deep breath and knocked softly.

 Inside, Victoria was still sobbing, her pillow damp with tears. She heard the knock and quickly tried to compose herself, wiping her face with trembling hands. She got up, her legs feeling weak, and opened the door to see Caitlin standing there, looking just as broken as she felt. 

Caitlin's eyes were red and swollen. "Vic," she started, her voice barely above a whisper. 

Victoria's own eyes were puffy and bloodshot, her cheeks streaked with the remnants of tears. 

She swallowed hard, trying to steady her voice. "What do you want, Caitlin?" 

Caitlin stepped closer, her eyes full of pain and desperation. "I need to explain. Please, just let me talk." 

Victoria shook her head, a fresh wave of tears threatening to spill over. "Explain what, Caitlin? That you were kissing your ex while you're supposed to be with me?" 

"No, it's not like that," Caitlin said, her voice cracking. "He kissed me. I froze. I was so shocked, and before I could do anything, you saw us." 

Victoria crossed her arms, looking away. "You didn't push him away, Caitlin. You just stood there. How am I supposed to trust you after that?" 

Caitlin took a deep breath, her eyes pleading. "I know I messed up. I know I hurt you. But I love you, Vic. I love you more than anything. And I'm so, so sorry. Please believe me."

 Victoria looked back at her, the pain in her eyes clear. "I don't know if I can do this anymore, Caitlin. I can't keep getting hurt like this."

 Caitlin reached out, gently taking Victoria's hand. "Please, give me one more chance. I'll do anything to prove to you that you're the only one I want. I ended things with Connor. I blocked him on everything. It's you, Vic. It's always been you." 

Victoria stared at their hands, feeling the warmth of Caitlin's touch. She wanted to believe her, to trust her again, but the pain was still too raw.

 "I need time, Caitlin. I need to figure things out." Caitlin nodded, her grip tightening slightly. 

"Take all the time you need. Just know that I'm not giving up on us. I love you, and I'll do whatever it takes to make things right." 

Victoria pulled her hand away, tears welling up again. "I need to be alone right now."

 Caitlin nodded again, stepping back. "Okay. But I'll be here, waiting for you, whenever you're ready." 

Victoria closed the door softly, leaning against it as she slid down to the floor, tears streaming down her face. Caitlin stood outside for a moment, her heart aching, before turning and walking away, hoping against hope that she hadn't lost Victoria forever.