All those nights you kept me going

That night, Caitlin and Victoria lay in bed together, the dim light casting soft shadows around the room. Caitlin held Victoria tightly, her grip almost desperate, as if letting go would make the moment vanish. 

Victoria gently stroked Caitlin's hair and whispered, "You okay, Cait?" 

Caitlin replied, "Yeah," but the tremor in her voice betrayed her. 

Victoria pulled back slightly to look into Caitlin's eyes. "Tell me the truth." 

Caitlin took a deep breath, her voice shaky as she began to speak. "I don't know what to do, Vic. Everyone expects me to declare for the draft, but... I don't know if I want to. It's so much pressure. What if I'm not ready? What if I make the wrong choice? I love playing here, I love being with you. And what if I fail?" 

Victoria listened intently, her eyes filled with understanding and concern. She squeezed Caitlin's hand. "It's okay to be scared, Cait. You don't have to decide right now. Just take your time. You're not alone in this." 

Caitlin let out a sigh, her head resting on Victoria's chest. "I'm just so stressed, Vic. I feel like I'm being pulled in a million directions. I don't want to let anyone down." 

Victoria kissed the top of Caitlin's head. "You won't. Whatever you decide, we'll get through it together. I believe in you, Cait." 

Caitlin tightened her hold on Victoria, taking comfort in her presence. "Thank you, Vic. I don't know what I'd do without you."

 "You don't have to find out," Victoria whispered. "I'm here, always." 

Caitlin took a moment, her thoughts still swirling, but she felt a bit of the weight lift. "It's not just about the draft, you know. It's everything. The expectations, the media, the fans... It's overwhelming." 

Victoria nodded, understanding the depth of Caitlin's struggle. "You've got so many people rooting for you, but you need to do what's best for you, Cait. No one else gets to decide your future." 

Caitlin looked up at Victoria, her eyes searching for reassurance. "But what if I make the wrong choice?" 

Victoria smiled softly, brushing a strand of hair from Caitlin's face. "There's no right or wrong choice, Cait. Just different paths. And no matter which one you choose, I'll be there with you. We'll face it together." 

Caitlin's grip on Victoria relaxed slightly as she absorbed her words. "I just want to make you proud." 

Victoria's heart ached with love and pride. "You already do, Cait. Every single day. You're amazing, and I'm so proud of you." 

Caitlin's eyes filled with tears, but she smiled through them. "I love you, Vic. Thank you for being my rock." 

Victoria kissed Caitlin's forehead gently. "I love you too, Cait. We're in this together, always." 

As they lay there, holding each other close, the world outside seemed to fade away. In that moment, it was just the two of them, wrapped in each other's warmth and love.