kissing in the rain

Caitlin and Victoria were getting ready for their date, but Victoria, still sleepy, was clinging to Caitlin as if her life depended on it. As Caitlin tried to get dressed, Victoria's arms remained firmly wrapped around her waist, her head resting against Caitlin's chest. 

"Vic, I need to put on my shirt," Caitlin said, laughing softly. Victoria mumbled something incoherent, tightening her hold. 

"Don't care. You're warm." Caitlin couldn't help but smile, her heart swelling with affection.

 "You're so cute when you're sleepy," she teased, gently running her fingers through Victoria's hair. 

"Shut up," Victoria replied, though a small smile played on her lips. "You're just saying that to make me feel better." 

"Nope, I mean it," Caitlin said, turning around in Victoria's arms and kissing her forehead. 

"You're adorable." 

Victoria sighed contentedly, finally letting go just enough for Caitlin to slip on her shirt. "Fine, but only because you're cute too."

 Caitlin chuckled, giving Victoria a quick kiss on the lips. "I'll take it. Now, let's get ready, sleepyhead. We have a date to go on." 

Victoria groaned but finally stepped back, rubbing her eyes. "Alright, but only because you promised me ice cream." 

Caitlin laughed, wrapping her arm around Victoria's shoulders as they finished getting ready together. "Ice cream and anything else you want, my love." 

Victoria smiled, leaning into Caitlin's side. "Deal."

In the car, Caitlin was driving, her eyes focused on the road ahead. Victoria leaned her head against the window, her eyes half-closed in a tired daze. 

Caitlin glanced over at her, concern evident in her eyes. "Why are you so tired, Vic?" Caitlin asked softly. Victoria sighed, lifting her head slightly. "I've been studying for finals. It's been a lot." 

Caitlin reached over, squeezing Victoria's hand gently. "Don't stress yourself out too much, baby." 

Victoria squeezed back, offering a small, tired smile. "What about you, Cait? I know everything is stressful with choosing to stay here or get drafted." 

Caitlin sighed, her grip on the steering wheel tightening momentarily. "Yeah, it's a lot. But I don't wanna think about it right now. I just wanna be with you." V

ictoria's smile grew a little wider, her heart warming at Caitlin's words. "That's all I want too." Caitlin glanced over again, meeting Victoria's eyes for a brief moment before returning her focus to the road. 

"We'll figure it out together, Vic. One step at a time." Victoria nodded, feeling a bit of the weight lift off her shoulders. 

"Yeah, together." They drove in comfortable silence, hands intertwined, each finding solace in the presence of the other.

They arrived at the park, finding a cozy spot beneath a large oak tree. Caitlin and Victoria set up their picnic blanket and laid out their lunch, the sun casting a warm glow over everything. The air was filled with the scent of blooming flowers and the distant sound of laughter from other park-goers.

 Caitlin was trying to put whipped cream on some strawberries, concentrating intensely. Victoria turned to her, a soft smile on her lips, just as Caitlin mischievously swiped some whipped cream onto her nose. 

"Hey!" Victoria exclaimed, laughing as she wiped her nose. 

Caitlin grinned, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "Sorry, couldn't resist." 

Victoria shook her head, still laughing. "You're impossible." 

Caitlin handed her a strawberry with a dollop of whipped cream. "Here, peace offering?" Victoria took the strawberry, her smile widening.

 "Fine, I accept your peace offering. But you're gonna pay for that later." Caitlin chuckled, leaning in to kiss her cheek. 

"I'll be looking forward to it."

 They continued their picnic, enjoying the food and each other's company. The park was a perfect backdrop for their date, a serene escape from the stresses of their busy lives. Caitlin and Victoria shared stories, laughter, and more than a few playful moments, savoring the rare afternoon of relaxation and joy.

After a while, Victoria lay down with her head in Caitlin's lap. Caitlin absentmindedly played with her hair, twirling strands around her fingers. Every so often, Caitlin would lower her head to place a soft kiss on Victoria's forehead or cheek. 

Victoria closed her eyes, smiling. "This is really nice, Cait." Caitlin smiled back. "Yeah, it is. I love moments like this." 

Victoria opened her eyes and looked up at Caitlin. "We should do this more often."

 "Definitely," Caitlin agreed, leaning down to kiss her softly. "Just us, no distractions." Victoria sighed contentedly. 

"I could get used to this." Caitlin chuckled softly. 

"Me too. It's a good break from everything else." 

As they started packing up their picnic, the sky turned a deep, cloudy gray. Caitlin glanced up and frowned. "Looks like rain," she said.

 Victoria looked up as well, then nodded. "We should probably head back." They gathered their things quickly, but before they could get to the car, raindrops began to fall.

Caitlin hurriedly grabbed her jacket and draped it over both their heads, pulling Victoria close to her side. Victoria giggled, her hair getting slightly wet despite the jacket. "This is kind of romantic, you know?" 

Caitlin laughed, holding the jacket tightly around them. "Yeah, in a running-through-the-rain kind of way." 

Victoria clung to Caitlin, trying to keep up as they jogged to the car. "You're always so prepared," she teased. 

Caitlin smirked. "Just trying to keep my girl dry." 

Victoria grinned mischievously. "Well, you usually do the opposite." 

Caitlin laughed, shaking her head. "I'm a woman of many talents" 

They hurried through the rain, but Caitlin suddenly stopped, pulling Victoria to a halt. "Babe, we're gonna get wet," Victoria said, glancing at the increasingly heavy rain. 

Caitlin looked at her with a determined smile. "Shut up and let me kiss you." 

Without another word, Caitlin leaned in and kissed Victoria deeply. The rain poured down around them, but they were lost in their own world. 

Victoria giggled against Caitlin's lips. "You're so cheesy." Caitlin pulled back just slightly, smiling. 

"Yeah, but you love it." 

Victoria smiled back, shaking her head. "Yeah, I do." 

They reached the car, both of them slightly damp and out of breath. Caitlin quickly unlocked the doors, and they scrambled inside, laughing. Victoria pushed back her wet hair and looked at Caitlin, her eyes shining.

 "That was fun." 

Caitlin smiled, brushing a strand of hair from Victoria's face. "Yeah, it was. We should do this more often." 

Victoria leaned over and kissed Caitlin softly. "Definitely." 

Caitlin started the car, glancing at Victoria. "Let's get you home and dry."

 Victoria grinned, her eyes twinkling. "Sounds like a plan."