its you and me, that's my whole world

It was the day of the Taylor Swift concert, and Victoria was practically bouncing off the walls with excitement. She had been looking forward to this day for months, and now that it was finally here, her energy was contagious. Caitlin watched her with an amused smile as Victoria darted around the room, double-checking their tickets, making sure they had everything they needed, and singing snippets of Taylor Swift songs at the top of her lungs. 

"Vic, you need to calm down," Caitlin laughed, catching Victoria as she spun around, nearly knocking over a lamp. 

"We still have a few hours before we need to leave." 

Victoria's eyes were sparkling. "I know, but I can't help it! I've been waiting for this forever! It's going to be amazing, Cait!" 

Caitlin chuckled, pulling Victoria into a hug to steady her. "I know it is. And I'm excited too, but we need to save some of that energy for the actual concert." V

ictoria grinned up at her, her excitement undiminished. "Okay, okay. I'll try to calm down. But no promises." 

They spent the next few hours getting ready, with Victoria chattering nonstop about the setlist, her favorite Taylor Swift songs, and how much fun they were going to have. Caitlin couldn't help but smile, loving how happy and animated Victoria was. Finally, it was time to leave. As they headed out the door, Victoria practically skipped to the car, her enthusiasm infecting Caitlin, who found herself just as eager for the night ahead.

 In the car, Victoria was still buzzing with excitement, her fingers tapping to an imaginary beat on her knees. Caitlin glanced over at her, shaking her head with a fond smile. "You're adorable, you know that?" Caitlin said, reaching over to squeeze Victoria's hand. 

Victoria beamed. "And you're amazing for taking me to this concert. I love you so much, Cait." 

"I love you too, Vic," Caitlin replied, her heart swelling with affection. 

As they drove to the concert venue, the anticipation built. When they finally arrived and joined the throngs of excited fans, Victoria's excitement reached a fever pitch. "This is it!" Victoria squealed, practically dragging Caitlin towards the entrance. "We're really here!" 

Caitlin laughed, letting herself be pulled along. "Yes, we are! Let's go find our seats." Inside the venue, the atmosphere was electric. Victoria couldn't stop smiling, her eyes wide as she took in the stage and the crowd. 

Caitlin found their seats, and they settled in, Victoria still bubbling over with excitement. When the lights dimmed and the first notes of Taylor Swift's opening song filled the arena, Victoria let out a delighted scream, jumping to her feet and pulling Caitlin up with her. 

They danced and sang along, lost in the music and the magic of the moment. Throughout the concert, Caitlin kept glancing at Victoria, her heart full. Seeing her so happy was the best feeling in the world. They held hands, swayed to the music, and shared countless kisses, the love between them growing stronger with each passing moment. 

By the time the concert ended, Victoria was hoarse from singing and cheering, but her face was lit with pure joy. As they made their way back to the car, she couldn't stop talking about her favorite moments, replaying the night in her mind. 

"That was incredible," Victoria said, her voice full of awe. 

"Thank you so much, Cait. This was the best night ever." Caitlin smiled, pulling her close. 

"You're welcome, Vic. Seeing you this happy makes everything worth it." 

Victoria hugged her tightly, her heart full. "I love you so much, Cait." 

"I love you too, Vic," Caitlin replied, kissing her gently. 

They decided to grab some food from a nearby drive-thru after the concert. The excitement of the night still buzzed between them as they settled back into the car, the bags of burgers, fries, and milkshakes spread out on their laps. 

Caitlin took a big bite of her burger, a dollop of ketchup ending up on her nose. Victoria burst out laughing, her eyes crinkling with mirth. "Hold still," Victoria said, leaning over with a napkin to clean Caitlin's nose. 

Caitlin rolled her eyes playfully. "You know, you could've kissed me instead." Victoria shook her head, still laughing. "You're such a child, Cait." She leaned in closer, her face just inches from Caitlin's. 

Caitlin could feel Victoria's breath on her skin, and her heart skipped a beat. "Maybe next time," Victoria teased, her eyes twinkling with mischief. 

Caitlin grinned. "I'll hold you to that." They continued eating, sharing bites of each other's food. 

Caitlin grabbed a fry from Victoria's pack, earning a playful glare. Victoria retaliated by dipping one of Caitlin's fries into her milkshake and feeding it to her. Caitlin pretended to be grossed out, but they both ended up laughing. 

"Try this," Victoria said, holding out a burger with extra pickles. "It's my favorite." Caitlin took a bite, chewing thoughtfully.

 "Not bad. But I still prefer mine."

 "Typical," Victoria replied with a smile, taking a sip of her milkshake. 

They continued eating, the car filled with their chatter and laughter. Caitlin reached over to steal another fry, but Victoria swatted her hand away. "Hey! Get your own fries," Victoria said, mock-serious. 

"But yours taste better," Caitlin insisted, pouting slightly. 

Victoria rolled her eyes, but she couldn't hide her smile. "You're impossible." 

"Yet you still love me," Caitlin said, leaning over to nudge Victoria's shoulder. 

"Yeah, I do," Victoria admitted, her smile softening. 

After the concert and their dinner, Caitlin and Victoria finally headed home. The drive was filled with shared smiles and intertwined fingers. The excitement of the evening lingered between them, making the air feel light and charged. 

As soon as they stepped through the door of Caitlins dorm, Victoria wrapped her arms around Caitlin's waist from behind, resting her head on Caitlin's back. 

"Tonight was amazing," she murmured, her breath warm against Caitlin's shirt. 

Caitlin chuckled, turning around in her embrace to face her. "Glad you had fun, Vic." 

Victoria clung to her even tighter, pressing her body close. "I always have fun with you." 

Caitlin smiled, feeling a warmth spread through her chest. She loved how affectionate Victoria could be, and tonight was no exception. "You're being awfully touchy tonight," she teased, though she was clearly enjoying it.

 "Can't help it," Victoria said, looking up at her with a playful glint in her eye. "I just want to be close to you." 

Caitlin leaned down and kissed her forehead. "I'm not complaining." 

They moved to the living room, Victoria refusing to let go of Caitlin's hand. They flopped down onto the couch, Victoria immediately curling up against Caitlin's side. She draped her legs over Caitlin's lap and nestled her head against Caitlin's shoulder. Caitlin wrapped an arm around her, pulling her even closer. "Comfy?" Victoria nodded, her eyes fluttering shut for a moment. "Very."

 They stayed like that for a while, basking in the comfort of each other's presence. Caitlin ran her fingers through Victoria's hair, loving the way she relaxed under her touch. "You know," Caitlin said softly, "I could get used to this." 

Victoria opened her eyes and looked up at her. "Used to what?" 

"To you being so clingy," Caitlin said with a smile. Victoria laughed, a soft, melodic sound. 

"Well, get used to it, because I'm not letting you go." 

"Good," Caitlin replied, leaning down to kiss her softly. "I don't want you to."

 They spent the rest of the night like that, wrapped up in each other.