the sign on your heart says its still reserved for me

The morning sun filtered through the curtains, casting a soft glow across the room. Caitlin and Victoria lay entwined in each other's arms. Caitlin's fingers traced gentle patterns on Victoria's back, while Victoria nestled closer, her head resting on Caitlin's chest, listening to the steady rhythm of her heartbeat. 

Victoria stirred slightly, her eyes fluttering open to find Caitlin already awake, watching her with a tender smile. "Good morning," Caitlin whispered, her voice soft and filled with affection. 

"Good morning," Victoria murmured back, her lips curling into a sleepy smile as she tightened her hold around Caitlin's waist. The simple act of being together, of sharing this moment, felt like the most natural thing in the world. 

Caitlin leaned down, pressing a gentle kiss to Victoria's forehead, then another on her cheek. "Did you sleep well?" she asked, her fingers continuing  along Victoria's spine. 

"Better than I have in a long time," Victoria replied, her voice laced with contentment. 

"I missed this. I missed you." Caitlin's heart swelled with emotion, and she hugged Victoria a little tighter. 

"I missed you too," she confessed, her voice barely above a whisper. "I never want to be apart from you again." 

They lay there in comfortable silence, simply enjoying the closeness and the gentle rhythm of their breaths mingling. Victoria lifted her head slightly, meeting Caitlin's gaze, and reached up to cup her cheek.

 "I'm so glad you're here," she said softly. 

Caitlin leaned into the touch, her eyes closing for a brief moment as she savored the sensation, She opened her eyes to look at Victoria with a gaze filled with love. Their lips met in a slow, tender kiss.

 As they pulled back, Caitlin rested her forehead against Victoria's, both of them smiling, their hearts full. In that quiet morning light, wrapped in each other's arms.

As the morning sun warmed their skin, Victoria stretched languidly, her arms reaching above her head. The movement caused the sheets to slide down, exposing a glimpse of her body. Caitlin's eyes sparkled with mischief, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Enjoying the view?" Victoria teased, rolling her eyes with a playful grin. Caitlin chuckled, her gaze lingering appreciatively. 

"Can you blame me?" she quipped, her smirk widening. "It's a pretty amazing view." 

Victoria laughed softly, nudging Caitlin with her elbow. "Oh, shut up," she said, her cheeks flushing with a mixture of amusement and affection.

 Caitlin's smirk softened into a tender smile as she reached out to tuck a strand of hair behind Victoria's ear. "I love you," she said simply, her eyes filled with warmth. 

"I love you too," Victoria replied, her heart swelling with happiness. She leaned in, capturing Caitlin's lips in a sweet, lingering kiss, their bodies pressed close together, basking in the simple joy of being together.

As they lay entwined on the bed, Caitlin's eyes wandered around Victoria's room, taking in the familiar surroundings. Her gaze landed on a small, delicate ring resting on the bedside table. She recognized it instantly—the promise ring she had given Victoria long ago.

A smile spread across Caitlin's face as she reached over and picked it up. "You didn't throw it away," she said softly, holding the ring between her fingers.

 Victoria looked up at her, her eyes warm. "I didn't," she replied, her voice filled with quiet affection. 

Caitlin's heart swelled as she carefully slid the ring back onto Victoria's finger. "Never take it off," she murmured, her eyes locking with Victoria's. 

Victoria smiled, her eyes shining. "I won't," she whispered. Caitlin leaned in, capturing Victoria's lips in a gentle, loving kiss. 

AUTHORS NOTE:

little filler chapter!!