you're my lover

The room was filled with the soft, even breathing of Caitlin and Vic as they slept, their bodies entwined under the warm sheets. The first light of dawn barely filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle glow over their peaceful forms.

Suddenly, a knock at the door shattered the quiet. "Guys, wake up and get dressed," came Jada's voice from the hallway, her tone insistent but slightly amused.

Caitlin groaned, burying her face deeper into the pillow. "Ugh, why?" she mumbled, her voice muffled by the bedding.

Beside her, Vic stifled a giggle, the sound light and melodic. "You heard her," she whispered, playfully nudging Caitlin with her elbow.

As they stirred under the sheets, Vic glanced around the room, her eyes landing on the scattered clothing. "Dude, you've got to stop throwing my clothes to the other side of the room," she teased, her voice a mix of amusement and exasperation.

Caitlin lifted her head, her eyes still heavy with sleep but a smile tugging at her lips. "Can't help it," she replied, her tone equally playful. 

Vic laughed, shaking her head as she reluctantly disentangled herself from the warmth of Caitlin's embrace. "Well, now we have to find them."

With a shared sigh, they began the task of locating Vic's scattered clothes, their movements slow and sleepy . Caitlin found Vic's dress draped over a chair and tossed it back to her with a grin.

Vic rolled her eyes slightly when Caitlin tossed her dress back. "Thanks for that," she said with a mock glare, her lips curling into a smile despite herself.

Caitlin chuckled, watching Vic as she changed into a bikini and pulled on a pair of shorts. Vic's movements were fluid and graceful.

"Where are you going?" Caitlin asked, her curiosity piqued as Vic headed towards the door.

"Bathroom," Vic replied, pausing to give Caitlin a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back in a minute."

Caitlin nodded, a lazy smile spreading across her face as she watched Vic leave. Despite the early wake-up call and the scattered clothes, the morning felt perfect.

In the bathroom, Vic walked up to the mirror and stared at her reflection. Her hair was a tangled mess. She groaned softly. "Oh my god, my hair," she muttered, running her fingers through the messy strands.

A moment later, Caitlin appeared in the doorway, grinning widely. "I do not remember making it that messy," she teased, leaning against the doorframe with a mischievous glint in her eye.

Vic glanced at her through the mirror, trying to suppress a smile. "Shut up," she mumbled, though the fondness in her voice was unmistakable.

Caitlin laughed, stepping into the bathroom to wrap her arms around Vic from behind. "Come on, let's get you sorted out," she said, pressing a kiss to Vic's temple. Together, they started to tame the chaos of Vic's hair.

After taming the chaos of her hair as best she could, Vic decided to braid it and call it a day. The simple style suited her, and it kept her hair out of her face. She and Caitlin finished getting ready and headed to join the others for breakfast.

The kitchen was filled with the comforting aroma of freshly brewed coffee and warm pastries. The girls were scattered around the table, some still in their pajamas, enjoying a leisurely morning. The atmosphere was relaxed and peaceful.

Vic and Caitlin took their seats, Caitlin squeezing Vic's hand reassuringly under the table. Vic smiled at her before reaching for a piece of toast.

"Good morning," Jada greeted them, a smile on her face. "Sleep well?"