this is our place, we make the rules

Victoria stood on the sunlit campus, her cap and gown feeling both heavy with significance and light with joy. She scanned the crowd, spotting Jada, Gabbie, and Kate making their way toward her, their own gowns swaying with each step.

Jada reached her first, pulling her into a tight hug. "I'm going to miss you so much, Vic," she said, her voice thick with emotion.

Victoria squeezed her back, her eyes already brimming with tears. "I'll miss you too. Thank you for everything."

Next was Gabbie, who wrapped her arms around Victoria, her usual smile tinged with sadness.

"You better visit us all the time," she said, her voice wavering.

"Of course," Victoria promised, holding her close. "We'll stay in touch, I promise."

Finally, Kate approached, her eyes glistening. "We've been through so much together," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Victoria hugged her tightly, feeling the weight of their shared experiences. "I know. I'll never forget any of it."

They stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, the reality of their parting sinking in. Victoria stepped back, wiping her tears, and looked at her friends. "I love you guys. We've got to stay in touch, okay?"

Jada nodded, her own tears flowing freely. "Always, Vic. Always."

They hugged one last time before parting ways, each step forward taking them into their new futures.

END OF FLASHBACK

A couple of months later, Victoria and Caitlin had settled into their new lives in Indianapolis. The days were filled with excitement and new beginnings. Victoria smiled at the memory as she looked around the cozy apartment she now shared with Caitlin. Caitlin walked in, seeing the nostalgic look on Victoria's face. "Thinking about graduation?"

Victoria nodded, a soft smile on her lips. "Yeah, I miss them. But I'm so happy we're here together."

Caitlin walked over, wrapping her arms around Victoria. "Me too. We're just getting started."

Victoria leaned into her, feeling a mix of nostalgia and excitement for the future. Caitlin kissed her forehead, holding her close. Victoria smiled, feeling the warmth of Caitlin's embrace and the promise of their future. They had come so far, and there was so much more to look forward to.

The apartment Caitlin and Victoria shared was a cozy and welcoming space, filled with the warmth of their love and the excitement of new beginnings. The living room had large windows that let in plenty of natural light, illuminating the soft, comfortable furniture and the colorful, eclectic decorations they had picked out together. 

A plush rug covered the hardwood floor, and a few potted plants added a touch of greenery. The kitchen was modern and open, with sleek appliances and a small dining area where they often enjoyed meals together. Their bedroom was a sanctuary, with a large, comfortable bed and personal touches that made it truly theirs.

FLASHBACK 

Caitlin and Victoria stood in the doorway of the empty apartment, their eyes wide with excitement. The space was filled with potential, and they could already imagine how it would look once they made it their own.

"I love it, oh my god," Victoria said, her voice filled with awe as she took in the high ceilings and spacious rooms.

Caitlin grinned, wrapping her arm around Victoria's shoulders. "I know, right? It's perfect."

They walked through the apartment together, envisioning where they would place their furniture and how they would decorate each room. The living room, with its large windows, immediately captured their hearts.

"Imagine how much light we'll get in here," Caitlin said, her eyes sparkling. "It's going to be so cozy."

Victoria nodded, already picturing lazy Sunday mornings and quiet evenings spent in the warm glow of the sun. "And the kitchen is amazing," she added, peeking into the sleek, modern space. "We can cook so many meals together."

They continued their tour, their excitement growing with each step. The bedroom, with its potential to become their private sanctuary, was the final stop.

"This is where we'll make all our memories," Victoria said softly, looking around the room. "Our first place together."

Caitlin pulled her into a tight hug, their hearts full of hope and love. "I can't wait to start this new chapter with you."

They stood there for a moment, holding each other and taking it all in. The empty apartment, soon to be filled with their belongings and their lives, was the beginning of a beautiful journey together.

END OF FLASHBACK 

Back in the present, the apartment was now a reflection of their shared tastes and the love they had poured into making it their home. It was a place of comfort, joy, and countless memories, a true testament to the life they were building together.