say don't go

It was two weeks after the lake vacation and Victoria and Caitlin were hanging out at Caitlins house.  Throughout the year Victoria had been working tirelessly for months, dedicating countless hours to her English literature studies. She poured over novels, wrote essays late into the night, and often juggled her coursework with her time spent supporting Caitlin at her games.

 The Oxford program had been her dream for as long as she could remember, and she had worked harder than ever to make it a reality.

 Victoria burst into the room, her face beaming with excitement. "Caitlin, guess what!" she exclaimed, practically bouncing on her feet. 

Caitlin looked up from her phone, grinning at Vic's enthusiasm. "What's up, babe?" 

"I got accepted into that English literature course in England!" Vic announced, her eyes sparkling with joy. 

"I'm going to spend the summer studying at Oxford!" 

Caitlin's face lit up. "Vic, that's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" She jumped up and hugged Vic tightly, spinning her around. 

Victoria laughed, hugging her back. "I know, right? It's going to be incredible." 

As the initial excitement settled, Caitlin's smile faltered a bit. "Oh... England? That means we're going to be doing long distance." 

Victoria's smile wavered, and she nodded slowly. "Yeah, it does. But we can make it work, right?"

 Caitlin tried to keep her voice light. "Yeah, of course. It's just... it's going to be tough. I'll be so busy with training and media stuff, and you'll be immersed in your course." 

Victoria sat down on the bed, taking Caitlin's hand.

 "I know it won't be easy, but we can do it. We just have to communicate and support each other." 

Caitlin nodded, but there was a hint of uncertainty in her eyes. "I want to make it work, Vic. I really do."

 Victoria squeezed her hand. "Then we will. We just have to stay positive and be there for each other, no matter what." 

Caitlin smiled, trying to shake off her worries. 

"You're right. We've got this." 

Caitlin hugged Victoria tightly, feeling a mix of pride and apprehension. "I know how hard you've worked for this. You deserve it so much."

 Victoria smiled, resting her head on Caitlin's shoulder. "It's been a lot of late nights and hard work, but it's all worth it. This is my dream." 

"And I'll support you every step of the way," Caitlin said, kissing the top of her head. "We've faced challenges before, and we've always come through." 

Victoria nodded, though she couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness. "I'll miss you so much." "I'll miss you too," Caitlin whispered. "But we'll make it work. We have to." 

The two sat in silence for a moment, holding each other tightly. The reality of the situation was beginning to sink in, but they were determined to stay strong. The love they shared had always been their anchor, and they hoped it would be enough to carry them through the months ahead.

 "Let's make the most of the time we have left before you go," Caitlin suggested, trying to lighten the mood. 

Victoria nodded, smiling. "Yes, let's make every moment count." As they lay together, wrapped in each other's arms, they both silently vowed to do whatever it took to keep their relationship alive, no matter the distance.