at every table I'll save you a seat

It was the night of the draft party, and the energy in Caitlin's room was electric. Caitlin was getting her makeup done by professionals, who were busy highlighting her already stunning features. She sat still, a mix of excitement and nerves evident in her eyes.

Victoria, Jada, Gabbie, and Kate were lounging around, chatting and laughing. Victoria kept stealing glances at Caitlin, offering her reassuring smiles whenever their eyes met.

"You look amazing, Cait," Victoria said, her voice full of admiration.

Caitlin smiled, her nerves easing a bit. "Thanks, Vic. I'm just so nervous about tonight."

Jada chimed in, "You're going to kill it. Everyone's so proud of you."

"Yeah, seriously," Gabbie added. "You've worked so hard for this. Just enjoy the moment."

Kate nodded in agreement. "We're here for you, Cait. No matter what."

Caitlin looked around at her friends, feeling a rush of gratitude. "I don't know what I'd do without you guys."

As the professionals finished up her makeup, Caitlin stood and admired herself in the mirror. Victoria walked over, her eyes shining with pride.

"You're going to be amazing," Victoria whispered, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

Caitlin laughed softly, the touch of Victoria's lips calming her racing heart. "I made you chocolate chip cookies again for later," Victoria added with a grin, knowing it was Caitlin's favorite.

Caitlin's eyes lit up. "You always know how to make me feel better."

The group gathered their things and made their way to the venue, the excitement building with each step. Caitlin felt a wave of support from her friends and especially from Victoria, who stayed close by her side.

As they arrived, the venue was buzzing with activity. Cameras flashed, and people moved around, setting up for the big event. Caitlin took a deep breath, feeling the weight of the moment but also the immense support around her.

"You've got this," Victoria whispered, squeezing Caitlin's hand.

Caitlin nodded, feeling a surge of confidence. Surrounded by her best friends and the love of her life, she knew she could face whatever the night had in store.

The draft night was a whirlwind of emotions. The venue was packed with lights, cameras, and an air of palpable excitement. Caitlin's family sat together in the audience, their expressions a mix of pride and anticipation. Victoria sat with them, holding Anne's hand, sharing the tense excitement.

The announcer stepped up to the podium, the murmurs of the crowd quieting as everyone leaned in to hear the announcement.

"With the first pick in the WNBA draft, the Indiana Fever select Caitlin Clark from the University of Iowa."

The room erupted in applause and cheers. Victoria jumped up, clapping and cheering along with Caitlin's family. Tears of joy filled Anne's eyes as she hugged Brent, while Colin and Blake pumped their fists in the air.

Caitlin, sitting at the front of the room, looked momentarily stunned. Then, a wide smile spread across her face. She stood, greeted by her teammates and friends, and made her way to the stage, her heart pounding with a mix of exhilaration and disbelief.

Victoria watched Caitlin walk up to the stage, feeling a surge of pride and love. She could see the determination in Caitlin's eyes and knew this moment was the culmination of all her hard work and dedication.