hands in the hair of somebody in darkness

Caitlin looked at Victoria with determination. "I'm going to talk to Connor. This has to end once and for all." 

Victoria nodded, though worry clouded her eyes. "Okay, just... be careful, Cait." Caitlin gave her a reassuring squeeze before heading outside to find Connor. Minutes passed, and Victoria started to feel a growing unease. 

She decided to follow, her heart pounding as she stepped outside. As Victoria rounded the corner, she froze. There, in the dim light, she saw Caitlin and Connor. They were kissing. 

"You're fucking kidding me," Victoria said, her voice breaking the silence. 

Caitlin pulled away instantly, her eyes wide with shock and panic. "Vic, I swear, let me explain—" 

But Victoria's glare was icy, filled with hurt and betrayal. "Fuck you, Caitlin," she spat, turning on her heel and walking away.

 Caitlin's pleas fell on deaf ears as Victoria stormed back to the house, tears streaming down her face. She burst into the living room where Jada, Kate, Gabbie, and Kylie were sitting, their expressions shifting from concern to alarm. 

"Victoria, what happened?" Jada asked, standing up. 

"It's fine, I just need to go back to my dorm," Victoria choked out, brushing past them. 

"Vic, wait!" Kate called, but Victoria was already out the door, moving as quickly as she could to escape the pain. She could hear Caitlin calling her name, running after her, but she didn't stop.

As Victoria exited Taylor's house, Caitlin chased after her, desperation in her voice. "Vic, please, let me explain!" 

Victoria stopped abruptly and turned to face her, tears streaming down her face. She slipped off the promise ring Caitlin had given her and held it out. 

"You're fucking full of shit, Caitlin," she said, her voice shaking with emotion.

 Caitlin reached out to take the ring, her own eyes filling with tears. "Vic, I'm so sorry, please—" 

But Victoria was already walking away, her sobs echoing in the night. Victoria couldn't bear to hear anything Caitlin had to say.  Caitlin stood there, clutching the ring, feeling the weight of her mistakes crushing down on her. She watched as Victoria's figure disappeared into the darkness, her heart breaking with every step Victoria took.

 Caitlin's tears fell freely as she whispered, "I'm sorry," to the empty night, knowing that she had just lost the most important person in her life.

She reached her dorm and slammed the door shut, leaning against it as sobs wracked her body. Not now. Not after what she had seen. Inside her dorm, she felt the weight of betrayal settle in her chest, crushing her with its intensity. She had trusted Caitlin, believed in their love,  forgave her after everything, and now it all felt shattered beyond repair.

AUTHORS NOTE:

checking up on my girlies how are you after this chapter?