sick sick freak

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Jade wakes up sometime during the afternoon, exhausted from the previous day's events, to a call.

"Hello?" She says, groggily.

"Jade." It was Stefan. "How good are you at digging?"

"Dear Lord, Stefan, who did you kill?"

"Hilarious. I need your help."

"Really? You, a vampire possessing super strength, need me, a mere human. For digging."

There was silence on the line. "Okay, I don't. I need you to be here while I tell Elena everything."

"Why?"

The previous night, Jade had made a hasty exit the second she'd seen Elena. It probably would have been very suspicious, if Elena had been in her senses. But she barely even blinked at her.

Jade had called Stefan at night to ask about what exactly had happened.

Apparently Elena had freaked out and left.

"She's freaked out."

"Of course she's freaked out. She just found out that Dracula was based on true events."

"I think your presence would calm her down. You're the only human she knows who knows about vampires."

"Alex knows," she reminds him.

"But she's closer to you." There's silence for a beat. "I'd like it if you were there."

She has no idea what to make of that.

"Stefan, I think this is a private conversation between boyfriend and girlfriend that I can't intrude on."

"No. This is a conversation between a human and a vampire. And the human is terrified. Can you please come? For Elena's sake, if not mine."

On one hand, she definitely did not want to get caught in the middle. But on the other hand, she was very, very curious to know more about the whole situation. Sure, she knew Stefan was a vampire , but she had no clue what exactly had happened to him. How he'd died.

Dear Lord. All the time spent with Caroline had made her nosy.

But then she thought about past events. Even though she hasn't gotten hurt, she had gotten awfully close. She couldn't let herself get tangled in this again. She couldn't do that to Alex. To Caroline.

"I can't."

She hears him huff on the other line. "Alright. I won't push it."

"I'll talk to Elena later. And that is all, okay? I just..."

"No, I get it. It's okay."

He ends the call. Jade slumps back on her pillows. You did the right thing, she tells herself.

But the guilt she feels tells a different story.

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Jade glares at Stefan so hard, she's surprised he hasn't burst into flames yet.

Stefan's guilty face stares at her.