the city streets

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Jade scrunched her nose as she entered the Salvatore house. It smelled as if something had died in there.

Or someone.

She walked to the hall, Alex behind her. They found Damon lying on the couch, passed out. There was a lot of blood around the room and some tattered clothes.

Damon opens an eye. "If you're here to offer your condolences, there's no need. I mourned, now I'm moving on."

Jade gestures around the state of the room. "This is you moving on?"

"You guys are in desparate need of a housekeeper," Alex tells him. He picks up some of the clothes from around the room and starts tossing them into a garbage bag.

"Damon, did you—"

He rolls his eyes. "No, Mary Sue. I didn't kill anyone."

"Whose blood is this then?" Alex demands.

"I said I didn't kill anyone. I didn't say I didn't feed."

"Alright. Get up."

"Why? I'm good here. Comfortable." He glares at them. "Did Stefan send you to babysit me?"

"No, we invited ourselves," Jade says, but Damon doesn't look convinced.

"Maybe we feel bad for you," Alex mumbles from across the room.

"Ha! Fat chance. You two have hated me since you knew of my existence. I bet you're here to bask in my misery," he says, mimicking what Jade had said to him when he was locked in the cell.

"Yeah, because this smell is wonderful to bask in."

Alex throws open the curtains and Damon winces at the brightness. "Can you not? I was trying to sleep."

"It's eleven in the morning."

"So? You're the ones who have to go to school, not me. I can do whatever I want."

Jade grabs him by the collar and makes him stand. "Change your clothes, we're taking you outside."

"Outside?"

"Where the people are," she clarifies.

"No thank you."

"Wasn't asking. Go shower and change."

"You can't make me."

Alex and Jade look at each other and then grab one of Damon's hands each to drag him upstairs. He grumbles and complains the entire way, but doesn't use his super strength to stop them.

Jade rifles in his closet while Alex searches the room for perfume. "There is a serious lack of colour in your closet, Damon."

Due to his super hearing, he hears her even through the shower. "I don't really do colour."

"That's literally what I just said. Is it like a rule? Like after you get to a certain age you just pick a colour and wear that forever?"

She picks out a shirt at random and shrugs. All of them are black anyway. She shuts her eyes and hands it to him in the shower. He comes out a few minutes later, with the buttons undone.

Alex looks at his face, trying really hard to not look down. "You look..."

"Dashing? Gorgeous? Irresistible?"

"No. You look like someone who just had a shower for the first time in weeks."

Jade laughs. Damon fiddles with the buttons on his shirt, and fails to get them on. "Help a guy out, will you? Can't quite...get this."